┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw
┌── Cyrus Clarkson Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1823-1900 │
│ └── Annas Bowman
Elmer E. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1862 │ ┌── Cadwallander Pitts
D: ? │ │
└── Eliza Jane Pitts ────────┤
└── Elizabeth Stanley
M: Rachel Enright
├── Laura M. Hinshaw (1884-1903) 1,2
└── Herman C. Hinshaw (1885-1885) 3
M: Clara Shively
Elmer E. Hinshaw [ID 01008]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Dec 1 1862, Indiana.1,4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Rachel Enright, Apr 14 1883, Henry County, Indiana.9,10,11 Rachel, daughter of Edmond Enright & Catherine McMullin6,12,13,14,15,16, was born about 18596,12,13,14,15,16 [Nov - 18601], Indiana6,12,13,14,15,16.
Elmer and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), Kennard, Henry County, Indiana:1
Hinshaw, Elmer E., head-of-household, age 37, born Dec 1862 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 17 years; owned home free of mortgage; occupation: lumber Dealer.
Hinshaw, Rachael, wife, age 39, born Nov 1860 in Indiana; father born in Ireland; mother born in Ohio; married 17 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Hinshaw, Laura M.Living nearby in 1900 were Elmer's parents17 and his brother Alonzo.18
daughter, age 16, born May 1884 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Elmer and Rachel were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 18 1910), Kennard, Henry County, Indiana:6
Hinshaw, Elmer, head-of-household, age 47, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 27 years; occupation: own income; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Rae, wife, age 49, born in Indiana; father born in Ireland; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 27 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Rachel died before Jan 9 1920.7
Widower Elmer was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 9 1920), living in (or staying in), as a boarder, the household of Lee & Ruth (Williams) Bright, Washington Township, Brown County, Indiana:7
Hinshaw, Elmer, boarder, age 57, born in Indiana; parents born in Carolina; widower; occupation: timber dealer, buying & selling.
He then married Clara Shively8,9,19 [Clara Sprankle19], Aug 28 19208,9,19, Marion County, Indiana8,9,19. Clara, daughter of Alford/Alfred Sprankle & Katherine Standbaugh/Stumboyle, was born Apr 11 1863, Ohio.8,9,19,20,21 Clara had been previously married to Robert Cochran, Aug 22 1888, Marion County, Indiana;9,19 then to a -- Shively.22
Elmer and Clara were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), Gould Street, Nashville, Washington Township, Brown County, Indiana:8
Hinshaw, Elmer, head-of-household, age 67, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 20; owned home ($2750 value); radio in home; occupation: lumber dealer, saw mill; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Clara, wife, age 66, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 25.
- 1900 census, Kennard, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 61, page 1B, line #93, dwelling #23, family #23.
- Contribution from Ron Collins () citing: gravestone.
- 1870 census, Millville P.O., Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M593-323, page 93, line #13, dwelling #194, family #202.
- 1880 census, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-0284, ED 7, page 121D, line #1, dwelling #200, family #202.
- 1910 census, Kennard, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 81, page 4A, line #37, dwelling #65, family #70.
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll T625-424, ED 30, page 1B, line #96, dwelling #20, family #20.
- 1930 census, Nashville, Washington Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll T626-574, ED 5, page 2B, line #58, dwelling #46, family #50.
- Indiana, Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-7, page 109.
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- Contribution from Colleen McClain ().
- 1860 census, Warrington P.O., Brown Township, Hancock County, Indiana; roll M653-263, page 479, line #4, dwelling #317, family #317.
- 1870 census, Warrington P.O., Brown Township, Hancock County, Indiana; roll M593-320, page 306A, line #27, dwelling #122, family #122.
- 1880 census, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 12, page 211C, line #36, dwelling #202, family #206.
- 1880 census, Knightstown, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 13, page 230B, line #32, dwelling #354, family #365.
- 1900 census, Kennard, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; ED 61, page 1A, line #12, dwelling #3, family #3.
- 1900 census, Kennard, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; ED 61, page 1A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
- Indiana, Select Marriages, 1780-1992; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, Sugar Creek Township, Stark County, Ohio; roll M593-1269, page 618B, line #23, dwelling #282, family #294.
- 1880 census, Covington, Fountain County, Indiana; roll T9-277, ED 80, page 134A, line #19, dwelling #128, family #128.
- 1920 census, Jackson Township, Brown County, Indiana; roll T625-424, ED 25, page 6A, line #11, dwelling #114, family #114.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]