┌── Uriah Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1808-1876 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Andrew Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1839 │
D: ? │
└── Mary Key
M: Mary Ellen Cooper
├── Effie A. Hinshaw (1878-1972) 1,2
└── Glen Cooper Hinshaw (1880-1946) 1,3
M: Elizabeth M. Wiley
Andrew Hinshaw [ID 10207]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born May 25 1839, Indiana.1,2,4,5,6
Andrew lived in Windfall, Tipton County, Indiana.1
He married Mary Ellen Cooper1,2,7,8 [Mollie Cooper3, Mary E. Jordan9,10], Mar 31 18701,2,7,8, Tipton County, Indiana1,2,7,8. Mary was born about 18502 [about 18477], Indiana2 [Ohio7].
Andrew and Mary were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 28 1870), Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana:7
Hinshall, Andrew, age 31, born in Indiana; telegraph operator; $300 real estate; $100 personal property; married Mar .
Hinshall, Mary, age 23, born in Ohio; keeping house; married Mar .
Andrew and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 18 1880), Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana:2
Hinshaw, Andrew, age 41, born in Indiana; parents born in Tennessee; farmer.
Hinshaw, Mary E., wife, age 30, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; keeping house.
Cooper, Jennie, sister-in-law, age 24, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; single.
Mary died 1881.8
After Mary died, children Effie and Glen (Arthur) were taken to Mechanicsburg, Henry County, Indiana, to live with relatives.8
He then married Elizabeth M. Wiley6,9 [Matilda -1], Mar 21 18866,9, Tipton County, Indiana6,9. Elizabeth was born Aug - 1848, Indiana.6
After Andrew married Elizabeth, his children returned to the family farmhouse, one mile south of Windfall, Tipton County, Indiana.8
Andrew and Elizabeth were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 18 1900), Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana:6
Hinshaw, Andrew, head-of-household, age 61, born May 1839 in Indiana; parents born in Tennessee; married 14 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Elizabeth, wife, age 51, born Aug 1848 in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; married 14 years; 1 child, 1 living.
In 1900 son Glen was living with (or staying with) his aunts Eliza and Mary Hinshaw in Henry County, Indiana.11
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana; roll T9-315, ED 132, page 18C, line #27, dwelling #319, family #329.
- LDS IGI, citing: New York marriage record extractions.
- 1850 census, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll 151, page 321, dwelling #172.
- 1860 census, Mechanicsburgh P.O., Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 345, line #2, dwelling #934, family #125.
- 1900 census, Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana; roll T623-406, ED 132, page 12B, line #59, dwelling #267, family #280.
- 1870 census, Windfall P.O., Wildcat Township, Tipton County, Indiana; roll M593-363, page 581, line #29, dwelling #150, family #157.
- Contribution from Jared Carter, Indianapolis.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- LDS IGI, citing: member submission.
- 1900 census, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 57, page 5B, line #73, dwelling #104, family #105.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:52 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]