┌── John Hinshaw
┌── Jesse Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1848-1921 │
│ └── Anna Ratliff
Florence Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1876 │ ┌── P.J.F. Boyle
D: 1937 │ │
└── Josephene Boyle ──┤
└── Nancy (Boyle)
M: Herbert Koontz
Florence Hinshaw [ID 10242]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov 9 18761,2,3,4 , Indiana1,2,3,4.
She married Herbert Koontz, Jul 20 1895, Henry County, Indiana.1,3,6 Herbert, son of Reuben Koontz, was born May - 1876, Indiana.1,3
Edith J. Koontz, born Jun 1896, Indiana.
Harvey Koontz, born c1903, Illinois.
Grandson: Robert Koontz, once of 1833 W. 104th St., Chicago, Illinois.1
Florence and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana:3
Koontz, Herbert, head-of-household, age 24, born May 1876 in Indiana; father born in Virginia; mother born in Indiana; married 5 years; occupation: farm laborer; rented home.
Koontz, Florence, wife, age 23, born Nov 1876 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 5 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Koontz, Edith J., daughter, age 3, born June 1896 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Living nearby in 1900 was uncle Quinton Hinshaw.8
Florence's children were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 16 1910), living with (or staying with) Florence's parents on Main Street, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana:7
Koontz, Edith, granddaughter, age 14, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Koontz, Harvey, grandson, age 7, born in Illinois; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
The whereabouts of Florence and Herbert in 1910 is unknown.
Herbert died before 1920.4
Widow Florence and children were shown in the 1920 census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois:4
Koontz, Florence, head-of-household, age 43, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; widow; occupation: clerk, dept. store.
Koontz, Edith, daughter, age 23, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: bookeeper, [..unclear..].
Koontz, Harvey, son, age 17, born in Illinois; parents born in Indiana; occupation: clerk, [..unclear..].
Conlin, Elma, boarder, age 18, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; single; [..occupation unclear..].
Florence Hinshaw died 1937, buried Greensboro Friends Cemetery, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana.1,5 Florence is buried together with her brother Frank and his wife.
Photo: Florence Hinshaw gravestone Greensboro Cemetery
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 7, page 114B, line #9, dwelling #75, family #77.
- 1900 census, Greensboro, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 60, page 2A-B, line #50, dwelling #44, family #54.
- 1920 census, 13th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T625-322, ED 763, page 8A, line #36.
- Greensboro Friends Cemetery burials; Henry County Genealogical Services:
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Greensboro, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 80, page 99A, line #4, dwelling #52, family #52.
- 1900 census, Greensboro, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 60, page 2B, line #65, dwelling #51, family #61.
- Photo courtesy of Ron Dick.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:52 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]