┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1775-1824 │
│ └── Hannah Seasfield
Lucy Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1803 │ ┌── Benjamin Clanton
D: 1861 │ │
└── Lucy Clanton ────┤
└── Elizabeth (Clanton)
M: Ralph Shaw
Lucy Hinshaw [ID 01043]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 6 18031 [about 18022], North Carolina1.
She married Ralph Shaw, May 2 1833, Henry County, Indiana.1,3,4,5,6,7 Ralph was born about 1783, North Carolina.2
Elenor Shaw, born c1834, Indiana.
Lucy and family were shown in the 1840 census, Henry County, Indiana:8
Ralph Shaw household:
1 male age 70-80 (Ralph?).
1 female age 5-10.
1 female age 40-50 (Lucy).
Living next door or nearby in 1840 were the families of a John Shaw and William Shaw (relationship unknown).8
Lucy and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 17 1850), Henry County, Indiana:2
Ralph Shaw, age 67 [unclear], born in North Carolina; $600 real estate.
Lucy Shaw, age 48, born in North Carolina.
Elenor Shaw, age 16, born in Indiana.
Living two houses away in 1850 was the family of a James Shaw9 (relationship unknown).
Lucy was shown in the 1860 census (Jun 6 1860), living alone (apparently widowed) in Henry County, Indiana:10
Lucy Shaw, age 58, born in North Carolina.
Lucy Hinshaw died Dec 16 1861, Henry Township, Henry County, Indiana.1
- A manuscript titled "The Hinshaw Family" by Thomas D. Hamm - submitted
by Fontella Hinshaw.
- 1850 census, Liberty Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 181, line #40, dwelling #150, family #150.
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- "Indiana Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Heiss, Willard. "Indiana Source Book", Vol. II; Indiana Historical Society, 1977, citing:
Henry County, Indiana, marriages, 1823-1834.
- 1840 census, Liberty Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll 87, page 93.
- 1850 census, Liberty Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 181, line #28, dwelling #148, family #148.
- 1860 census, Newcastle P.O., Henry Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 23, line #14, dwelling #161, family #161.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]