┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Ezra Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1783-1838 │
│ └── Rebecca Marshill
Nancy Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1821 │ ┌── Charles Hobson
D: 1864 │ │
└── Phebe Hobson ──┤
└── Sarah Beck
M: Steven Jones
Nancy Hinshaw [ID 01094]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Apr 27 1821, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5
She married Steven Jones2,6,7 [Stephen Jones2,4,7], Jan 26 18432,6,7, Cass County, Michigan2,6,7. Steven, son of George Jones & Mary Bogue, was born Mar 28 1822, Ohio.2,4,5 Note that Nancy's brother Abijah married Elizabeth Jones (relationship unknown).
Mary Ellen Jones, born Mar 23 1844.
Eli Llewellen Jones, born Feb 11 1845 (or 1846).
Clara May Jones, born Mar 27 1861.
Nancy and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 13 1850), Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan:5
Stephen Jones, age 27, born in Ohio; farmer; $2000 real estate.
Nancy Jones, age 28, born in North Carolina.
Mary E. Jones, age 5, born in Michigan; attended school.
Eli Jones, age 4, born in Michigan.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of brother Abijah.8
Nancy and family were again shown in the 1860 census (Jun 13 1860), Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan:9
Stephen Jones, age 37, born in Ohio; farmer; $9000 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Nancy Jones, age 37, born in North Carolina.
Mary E. Jones, age 18 [unclear], born in Michigan; attended school.
Eli Jones, age 14, born in Michigan.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of brother Abijah.10
Nancy Hinshaw died Mar 3 1864, buried Young's Prairie, Cass County, Michigan.2,3,4
Stephen apparently remarried to a Mary A. --.11
Stephen and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 19 1870), Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan:11
Jones, Stephen, age 46, born in Ohio; farmer; $10,000 real estate; $2,000 personal property.
Jones, Mary A., age 34, born in Michigan; keeping house.
Jones, Clarence, age 2, born in Michigan.
Alexander, Orlando, age 12, born in Michigan.
Carter, Nellie, age 10, born in Michigan.
Ermin, Joseph, age 22, born in Pennsylvania; farm laborer.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of Nancy's brother Abijah.12
Steven died Jan 12 1892.3,4
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- "The Hobson Family Lineage", by Jay W. Hobson, 1994; GS929.2 H684 in a local library
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M432-349, page 694, line #19, dwelling #1451, family #1464.
- "Michigan Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
- "Michigan Marriages", http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- 1850 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M432-349, page 694, line #24, dwelling #1452, family #1465.
- 1860 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; page 262, line #31, dwelling #381, family #381.
- 1860 census, Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; page 262, line #23, dwelling #380, family #380.
- 1870 census, Dowagiac P.O., Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M593-668, page 153, line #29, dwelling #101, family #103.
- 1870 census, Dowagiac P.O., Penn Township, Cass County, Michigan; roll M593-668, page 153, line #23, dwelling #100, family #102.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]