┌── Elias Cooley Henshaw
┌── James Cooley Henshaw ──┤
│ 1855-1917 │
│ └── Sarah Ann Dossett
Edith Roxe Henshaw ────┤
B: 1895 │
D: 1938 │
└── May McKim
M: Leo Francis Ballard
Edith Roxe Henshaw [ID 11034]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Edith Roxe Henshaw1,2,3,4,5,6 [Bertha Henshaw7].
Born Sep 5 1895, Bedford, Taylor County, Iowa.2,5,6 (c1896).3,8,9 (c1899).4
Edith was shown in the 1910 census living in the household of Walter W. Burks and Jesse Morris Burks (Jesse was the daughter of Mary Jane Henshaw):3,8
Henshaw, Edith R., cousin, age 14, born in Iowa; father born in Illinois.
She married Leo Francis Ballard, May 3 1919, Warren County, Illinois.1,5 Leo, son of Perry W. Ballard & Fannie Bishop, was born Jan 10 1899, Illinois.1,4,9,10
Donald E. Ballard, born c1917, Illinois.
Perry Dale Ballard, born May 31 1919, Galesburg, Illinois; died Oct 11 1932, Galesburg, Illinois, age 13; buried Linwood Cemetery, Galesburg, Illinois; unmarried.
Dorothy Dean Ballard, born Nov 15 1920, Galesburg, Illinois; died Feb 3 1998; married -- Traff.
Edith and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), 110 South Seminary, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois:4
Ballard, Leo F, head-of-household, age 19, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; rented home; occupation: [..unclear..], dry cleaners.
Ballard, Edith R, wife, age 21, born in Iowa; parents born in Illinois.
Ballard, Donald E, son, age 3 years 5 months, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Ballard, Perry D, son, age 2 months, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Edith and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 246 West Main, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois:9
Ballard, Leo F, head-of-household, age 29, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 19; rented home ($25/month rent); radio in home; occupation: hatter, cleaning shop; not a war veteran.
Ballard, Edith H, wife, age 33, born in Iowa; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 19.
Ballard, Donald, son, age 13, born in Illinois; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Ballard, Perry, son, age 10, born in Illinois; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Ballard, Dorathy, daughter, age 9, born in Illinois; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Edith Roxe Henshaw died Feb 16 1938, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois; age 42.5,6
- LDS FamilySearch; "Illinois, County Marriages, 1810-1934":
- 1900 census, Bedford, Bedford Township, Taylor County, Iowa; ED 115, page 20B, line #67, dwelling #395, family #400.
- 1910 census, Clayton Township, Taylor County, Iowa; roll T624-425, ED 129, page 31B, line #57, dwelling #16, family #16.
- 1920 census, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois; roll T625-380, ED 157, page 6A, line #44, dwelling #106, family #125.
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- LDS FamilySearch; "Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947":
- Death record of Perry Dale Ballard, Oct 11 1932, Knox County, Illinois;
Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Karla J. Maki () citing: 1910 census.
- 1930 census, Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois; roll T626-527, ED 13, page 1A, line #6, dwelling #3, family #3.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]