+-- William Hinshaw | 1779-1869 +-- Zebedee Hinshaw --+ | 1805-1867 | | +-- Lorohame Beeson | 1786-1839 Mary Elma Hinshaw ---+ B: 1833 | +-- William Trogden D: 1921 | | +-- Rebecca Trogdon --+ 1802-1834 | +-- Elizabeth Gilliam M: Nathan Hinshaw M: Baxter B. Stout
|Mary Elma Hinshaw     [ID 01127]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Mary Elma Hinshaw)2,93,127,153,205    (Polly Hinshaw)153
Born 8-25-1833, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,127,153,205,a
She married Nathan Hinshaw, 3-11-1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,44,93,127,153,205    Nathan Hinshaw, son of Enoch Hinshaw & Sylvania York, was born 9-23-1823, Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina.44,93,127,205    Mary and Nathan were second cousins once removed.
A marriage bond was recorded for Nathan Hinshaw & Mary E. Hinshaw on Mar 7, 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
At Center MM on 11-20-1869, "Mary and children, Zebedee M., Sabra R. & Hannah S." were received by request.2
Nathan Hinshaw died 5-25-1864, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.93,127,205,a
She then married Baxter B. Stout, Feb 7 1884.153,205,b
Baxter had been previously married to Mahalah Julian.205
Baxter died May 30 1893, buried Shiloh.153,205
Mary was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 16 1910), Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:c
Mary was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), living in the household of son Zebedee in Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:b
Photo: Mary Elma Hinshaw
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
153. Family group sheets from Denzel Marie Hinshaw, contributed by Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
(b) 1920 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 111, page 5A, line #16, dwelling #67, family #67.
(c) 1910 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 93, page 210A, line #8, dwelling #15, family #17.
(d) 1910 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 93, page 210A, line #1, dwelling #14, family #16.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]