┌── Jacob A. Hinshaw
┌── Solomon Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1817-1873 │
│ └── Phebe Allen
Tilnias Everett Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1857 │ ┌── Joseph Hodgin
D: c1941 │ │
└── Rachel Hodgin ────┤
└── Ruth Dicks
M: Emma B. Stubbs
├── Everett Hinshaw 1
├── Tilman Hinshaw 1
└── Ruth Anna Hinshaw (1879-1879) 2
M: Mary Edna Truesdell
Tilnias Everett Hinshaw [ID 01156]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Tilnias Everett Hinshaw3,4,5,6 [Tilmas Everett Hinshaw2,7, Everett Hinshaw8,9, Everett Tilman Hinshaw10, Evert Hinshaw11].
Born Mar 6 1857, Indiana.3,4,5,6,7,8,10,12,13,14
At White River MM on 5-4-1878, Tilnias E. & Eli C. & wife Sarah P. & minor son Clarence E. were granted a certificate to Peace MM, Kansas.15 (Sarah and Clarence were the wife and son of Everett's brother Eli).
He married Emma B. Stubbs3,4,5 [Elizabeth Stubbs10], Aug 3 18783,4,5.
Emma died about 1879, buried May 14 1879, Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.2
Tilnias was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 24 1880), staying as a boarder in the household of a George & Hattie Lamping in Sterling, Rice County, Kansas:7
Hinshaw, Tilmas, boarder, age 23, born in Indiana; parents born in South Carolina; [..marital status blank..]; shoemaker.
He then married Mary Edna Truesdell2,5,12 [Mary Elizabeth Truesdell16, Emma M. -13, Mary Trinadad4,10], about 18862,5,12 [about 188213]. Mary was born Aug - 185612,13,14 [about 18586], New York12,13,14.
Tilnias and Mary adopted Raymond Brown, son of Tilnias' sister, Ruth (Hinshaw) Brown5,16,17 (Ruth had died in 1888), and Raymond apparently used the Hinshaw name.12,13
Tilnias and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 2 1900), Lyons, Rice County, Kansas:12
Hinshaw, T Evert, head-of-household, age 43, born March 1857 in Indiana [unclear]; father born in South Carolina; mother born in North Carolina; married 14 [unclear] years; occupation: merchant; owned home (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Mary E., wife, age 43, born Aug 1856 in New York; parents born in New York; married 14 [unclear] years; 1 child, 1 living.
Hinshaw, Raymond C.
[unclear], son, age 13, born Sept 1886 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school 8 months.
Tilnias and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 21 1910), Lyons, Rice County, Kansas:13
Hinshaw, Temas [unclear] E., head-of-household, age 53, born in Indiana; parents born in New York; second marriage, married 28 [unclear] years; occupation: merchant, stationary; owned home (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Emma M., wife, age 53, born in New York; parents born in New York; first marriage, married 28 years; no children.
Hinshaw, Ramond C.
[unclear], son, age 23, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: laborer, [..unclear..].
Tilnias and Mary were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), 307 West Avenue South, Lyons, Rice County, Kansas:6
Hinshaw, Tilnias E., head-of-household, age 62, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; rented home; occupation: shoe cobler.
Hinshaw, Mary E., wife, age 62, born in New York; parents born in New York.
Tilnias and Mary were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 21 1930), 101½ East Main, Lyons, Rice County, Kansas:14
Hinshaw, T. Evert, head-of-household, age 73, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 21; rented home ($6 rent); no radio in home; occupation: shoemaker, shoe shop; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Mary E., wife, age 73, born in New York; parents born in New York; first married at age 22.
Mary died about 1939, buried Apr 24 1939, Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.2
Tilnias was a judge.2
Tilnias Everett Hinshaw died about 1941, buried Feb 13 1941, Sterling Community Cemetery, Sterling, Rice County, Kansas.2
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- Contribution from Diane Smith Battershell ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1920 census, 1st Ward, Lyons City, Rice County, Kansas; roll T625-547, ED 203, page 15B, line #91, dwelling #382, family #406.
- 1880 census, Sterling City, Rice County, Kansas; roll T9-0394, ED 274, page 180A, line #29, dwelling #199, family #208.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- 1860 census, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 823, line #27, dwelling #936, household #915.
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- Contribution from Barb Roberts citing: 1870 census, Indiana.
- 1900 census, Lyons City, Rice County, Kansas; roll T623-497, ED 226, page 2A, line #37, dwelling #35, family #35.
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, Lyons City, Rice County, Kansas; roll T624-454, ED 180, page 85B-A, line #100, dwelling #87, family #105.
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Lyons City, Rice County, Kansas; roll T626-717, ED 13, page 16A, line #11, dwelling #383, family #412.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Sherrie Bouldin ().
- Contribution from Edwin Everett Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]