┌── Jacob A. Hinshaw
┌── Thomas J. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1822-1896 │
│ └── Phebe Allen
Leonard Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1864 │ ┌── Aaron Mills
D: 1932 │ │
└── Sarah Mills ────────┤
└── Rebecca Small
Leonard Hinshaw [ID 01174]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Oct 25 18641,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 [Oct - 186310], Cherry Grove MM, Randolph County, Indiana1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
At Cherry Grove MM on 9-14-1889, Leonard was granted a certificate to Trego MM, Kansas2 Note that this was ten years after Leonard's family had moved to Kansas (apparently they were requesting a certificate of removal from Cherry Grove MM in order to join Trego MM).
Leonard lived in Wakeeney, Kansas.11
Leonard remained unmarried at least until age 5412 (and probably his entire life).13
Leonard was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4-5 1900), living in the household of sister Emma, 364 Rhode Island St., Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas:10
Hinshaw, Lenard, brother-in-law, age 36, born Oct 1863 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; single; occupation: farmer.
Leonard was shown in the 1905 Kansas state census (Mar 1 1905), Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas:7
Leonard [Hinshaw], age 40, born in Indiana; came to Kansas from Indiana; occupation: farmer.
In 1905 the family of brother Alva was shown on the preceeding census lines, altough with a different family number;14 it is unclear if Leonard lived in the same house with Alva's family, or a different house, or perhaps a different house on the same property.
Leonard was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 22 1910), living and working in the household of an Ernest & Anna Musseman in Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas:8
Hinshaw, Lenard, servant, age 45, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: farm laborer, working out.
Leonard was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), living in the household of his brother Alva in Monroe Street, Wakeeney, Trego County, Kansas:12
Hinshaw, Alva P.
, head-of-household, age 56, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; owned home; occupation: merchant, retail general store.
Hinshaw, Lee W
, son, age 20, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; occupation: assistant, retail general store.
Hinshaw, Leonard, brother, age 54, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: laborer, at farm.
Leonard was again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10-11 1930), living with nephew Ren Hinshaw, Oak St., Wakeeney, Trego County, Kansas:9
, head-of-household, age 36, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 24; owned home ($2000 value); radio in home; occupation: retail merchant, grocery store; World War I veteran.
, wife, age 34, born in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; first married at age 23.
, son, age 9, born in Kansas; father born in Kansas; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
, son, age 7, born in Kansas; father born in Kansas; mother born in Missouri; attended school.
Hinshaw, Leonard, uncle, age 65, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in United States; married [but no wife shown]; occupation: laborer, general farming.
Leonard Hinshaw died Feb - 1932, buried Wakeeny Cemetery, WaKeeney, Trego County, Kansas.4,11,15
Photo: Leonard Hinshaw gravestone Wakeeney City Cemetery
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- Trego County, Kansas cemeteries; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 460, line #26, dwelling #367, household #367.
- 1880 census, Township 13, Trego County, Kansas; roll T9-0398, ED 316, page 327B, line #41, dwelling #78, family #78.
- 1905 Kansas state census, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll KS1905-165, page 4, line #7, family #35.
- 1910 census, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll T624-458, ED 228, page 202A, line #46, dwelling #45, family #48.
- 1930 census, Wakeeney, Trego County, Kansas; roll T626-725, ED 8, page 6B, line #79, dwelling #144, family #145.
- 1900 census, 5th Ward, Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas; roll T623-479, ED 64, page 7B, line #64, dwelling #155, family #165.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1920 census, Wakeeney, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll T625-552, ED 240, page 1B, line #67, dwelling #18, family #19.
- 1905 Kansas state census, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll KS1905-165, page 4, line #1, family #34.
- Contribution from Lawrence Hinshaw, citing: gravestone.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]