┌── James Steuben Henshaw
┌── Delno Chancey Henshaw ──┤
│ 1866-1937 │
│ └── Almira Evans
Dorothea K. Henshaw ───┤
B: 1900 │
D: 1993 │
└── Mary Elizabeth Hoover
M: Ray O. Bowersox
Dorothea K. Henshaw [ID 11804]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Dorothea K. Henshaw1,2 [Dorthea Henshaw3, Dorothy Henshaw4,5].
Born Sep 26 1900, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married Ray O. Bowersox, Nov 2 1929, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.3,6,8 Ray was born Mar 23 1908, Ohio.1,3,6,9,10
Dorothy L. "Dotty" Bowerson; died Dec 22 2014, Cincinnati, Ohio; married Robert S. Vogt (children: Robert C. Vogt III, W. Gregory Vogt, James R. Vogt, Sarah L. Vogt).
Ray was a railroad worker.1
Dorthea and Ray were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 14 1930), 920 Kalamazoo Avenue, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan:6
Bowerson, Ray O, head-of-household, age 22, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 21; rented home ($25.00 rent); radio in home; occupation: clerk, railroad; not a war veteran.
Bowerson, Dorothey, wife, age 29, born in Illinois; parents born in Michigan; first married at age 29; occupation: social worker, city dept.
Dorthea was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 19-22 1940), living in (or staying in) a lodging house at 225 Strathmore, Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan:7
Bowerson, Dorothea, lodger, age 39, born in Illinois; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; married [lined-through]; occupation: social work, WPA Employment; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1700 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Dorothea and Ray divorced Jun 26 1948, Genesee County, Michigan.8 Ray died Jul 3 1990, Bedford, Calhoun County, Michigan.1,9,10
In 1993 Dorothea was living in/near Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.1
Dorothea K. Henshaw died Mar 15 1993, Ohio; age 92.1,2
Social Security information for Dorothea K. Henshaw: 364-46-0181
Social Security information for Ray O. Bowersox: 713-03-5186
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "Ohio Deaths, 1993-98"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Margaret E. Heath.
- 1910 census, 24th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T624-265, ED 1002, page 26B-27A, line #99, dwelling #44, family #68.
- 1920 census, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T625-775, ED 160, page 9B, line #54, dwelling #139, family #205.
- 1930 census, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T626-998, ED 21, page 13A, line #20, dwelling #306, family #353.
- 1940 census, Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan; roll T627-1762, ED 33-56, page 16A, line #35, household #355.
- Michigan, Divorce Records, 1897-1952; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Dorothy L. "Dotty" (Bowerson) Vogt; Clepper Funeral Chapel:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]