┌── James Steuben Henshaw
┌── Delno Chancey Henshaw ──┤
│ 1866-1937 │
│ └── Almira Evans
John Hoover Henshaw ───┤
B: 1902 │
D: 1994 │
└── Mary Elizabeth Hoover
M: Rena Bestervelt
├── Frederick Ralph "Red" Henshaw (1933-2012) 1,2
├── Linda Kay Henshaw (c1938-) 1,2
└── Margaret E. Henshaw (c1939-2014) 1,2,3,4
John Hoover Henshaw [ID 11805]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 9 1902, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.2,3,5,6,7,8,9
He married Rena Bestervelt, 1926.1,3,8 Rena was born Oct 22 1903, Michigan.2,5,8,9
John and Rena were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan:8
Henshaw, John, head-of-household, age 27, born in Illinois; parents born in Michigan; first married at age 24; owned home ($4500 value); radio in home; occupation: carpenter, own account; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Rena, wife, age 26, born in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in Holland; first married at age 23; occupation: clerk, grocery store.
Living nearby in 1930 were John's parents.10
John and Rena were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 20 1940), Cooper Township, Kalamazoo County, Michigan:2
Henshaw, John H, head-of-household, age 37, born in Illinois; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned farm ($2500 value); occupation: carpenter, building; worked 36 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Henshaw, Rena, wife, age 36, born in Michigan; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
, son, age 6, born in Michigan; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Rena died Mar 16 1988, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.5,9
In 1994 John was living in/near Portage, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.9
John Hoover Henshaw died Oct 20 1994, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan.5,9
Social Security information for John Hoover Henshaw: 366-10-7962
Social Security information for Rena Bestervelt: 368-68-7037
- Obituary of Frederick Ralph "Red" Henshaw.
- 1940 census, Cooper Township, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T627-1770, ED 39-13, page 10B, line #53, household #203.
- Contribution from Margaret E. Heath.
- Contribution from Margaret Heath.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, 24th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T624-265, ED 1002, page 26B-27A, line #99, dwelling #44, family #68.
- 1920 census, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T625-775, ED 160, page 9B, line #54, dwelling #139, family #205.
- 1930 census, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T626-997, ED 24, page 17A, line #16, dwelling #289, family #333.
- Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan; roll T626-997, ED 24, page 17A, line #1, dwelling #285, family #327.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]