┌── Thomas J. Hinshaw
┌── Jesse Mills Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1849-? │
│ └── Sarah Mills
Robert Thomas Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1883 │ ┌── Robert Elliott
D: 1965 │ │
└── Ada Elliott ──────────┤
└── Eliza (Elliott)
M: Flora V. Melton
└── Frederick Milton Hinshaw (1906-1981) 1,2,3,4
Robert Thomas Hinshaw [ID 01198]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Robert Thomas Hinshaw1,5,6,7,8 [Robert Thomas Henshaw9].
Born May 21 1883, Grant County, Indiana.2,3,5,7,8,10,11,12
He married Flora V. Melton, Feb 4 1904, Howard County, Indiana.2,9,11,13 Flora, daughter of James F. Melton & America Ellen Ball1,14,15, was born Oct - 18821,14,15 [about 18842,3, about 188311], Indiana1,14,15.
At Pipe Creek MM on 3-6-1909, Robert was granted a letter to "M E" Church [Methodist Episcopal?] at Culver.5
Robert and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 20 1910), Culver, Union Township, Marshall County, Indiana:2
Hinshaw, Robert T., head-of-household, age 26, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 6 years; occupation: laborer, odd jobs.
Hinshaw, Flora V., wife, age 25, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 6 years; 1 child, 1 living.
On Sep 12 1918 Robert Thomas Hinshaw, age 35, registered for the World War I draft in Kokomo, Howard County, Indiana. He declared he was born May 21 1883, and was then living in Greentown, Howard County, Indiana where he was a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Flora Hinshaw of Greentown. He was recorded as tall ("6 ft"), slender, brown eyes, brown hair.7
Robert and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 16 1920), Union Township, Howard County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Robert T., head-of-household, age 36, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Flora V., wife, age 36, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Living next door in 1920 was brother Fred and his wife.16
Robert and Flora were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 29 1930), Union Township, Howard County, Indiana:11
Hinshaw, Robert T., head-of-household, age 46, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 20; rented home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Flora V., wife, age 47, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 21.
Landis, Walter M., hired man, age 18, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: laborer, farm.
On Apr 27 1942 Robert Thomas Hinshaw, age 58, registered for the World War II draft in Plymouth, Marshall County, Indiana. He declared he was born May 21 1883 in Grant County, Indiana, and was then residing in Culver, Marshall County, Indiana, employed by the Everett Nerris farm of Union Township. He declared his contact was his wife, Flora Hinshaw, of Culver. He was recorded as 6 ft. tall, 145 lbs., brown eyes, brown hair, light complexion.12
Robert Thomas Hinshaw died Dec - 1965.8
Photo: Robert Thomas Hinshaw World War I draft registration card
Photo: Robert Thomas Hinshaw World War II draft registration card
Social Security information for Robert Thomas Hinshaw: 303-34-2295
- Family group sheets contributed by Fred Hinshaw
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Culver, Union Township, Marshall County, Indiana; roll T624-370, ED 113, page 6A, line #21, dwelling #103, family #109.
- 1920 census, Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll T625-438, ED 157, page 1A, line #18, dwelling #5, family #5.
- Indiana Birth Records Index, 1880-1920. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 3,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3,
by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "Index to Marriage Records Howard County 1844-1920 Inclusive Volume II";
Indiana WPA, 1939; book C-10, page 100.
- 1900 census, Jackson Township, Miami County, Indiana; roll T623-393, ED 99, page 5A, line #10, dwelling #87, family #89.
- 1930 census, Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll T626-592, ED 30, page 8B, line #90, dwelling #214, family #214.
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 73, page 7B, line #72, dwelling #148, family #148.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Andy Simon ().
- 1920 census, Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll T625-438, ED 157, page 1A, line #21, dwelling #6, family #6.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]