┌── Charles Hanshew
┌── Daniel H. Hanshaw ──┤
│ 1880-? │
│ └── Rhoda Jane Harman
Raymond Anderson Hanshaw ───┤
B: 1909 │ ┌── Charles Albert Bourne
D: 1966 │ │
└── Pearl Bourne ───────┤
└── Angeline Bretts
M: Emma Louise Music
└── Charles E. Hanshaw (c1928-) 1
M: Lillian -
Raymond Anderson Hanshaw [ID 12082]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Raymond Anderson Hanshaw2,3,4 [Anderson Hanshaw5].
Born Nov 24 1909, Ohio.2,3,5,6,7,8,9
After his mother committed suicide in 1914, Anderson was apparently raised by his aunt Ollie (Hanshaw) Jennings.
Anderson was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 7 1920), living in the household of his aunt Ollie, 1745 Eleventh Street, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio:5
Jennings, Fleming M
, head-of-household, age 50, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: engineer, railroad.
Henshaw, Anderson, nephew, age 10, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; attended school.
, father-in-law, age 74, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married.
He married Emma Louise Music, about 1927.1,2,4 Emma, daughter of George B. McClellan Music & Sarah Ellen Conley, was born Jun 30 1910, Prestonsburg, Floyd County, Kentucky.2,7,10
Anderson and Emma were shown in the 1929 city directory of Portsmouth, Ohio:4
Hanshaw R Anderson (Emma) mech h1745 11th
Anderson and Emma were shown in the 1930 city directory of Portsmouth, Ohio:4
Hanshaw Emma Mrs clk J J Kilcoyne r1614 Garfield av
Hanshaw Raymond A (Emma L) mech hlpr h1614 Garfield av
Raymond and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 17 1930), 1624 Robinson, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio:1
Hanshaw, Raymond, head-of-household, age 20, born in Ohio; father born in Virginia; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 17; rented home ($30 rent); radio in home; occupation: truck driver, R.R.; not a war veteran.
Hanshaw, Emma, wife, age 19, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 16.
, son, age 2, born in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kentucky.
Raymond and Emma divorced.2,11 Emma remarried to Irvin William Robison, Nov 15 1945, Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia.2,7,12 Emma died Nov 1 1981, Park Medical Center, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio; age 71.7,10,13
He then married Lillian -.14 Lillian was born about 1911, Michigan.14
Raymond and Lillian were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 6 1940), 1235 1/2 Lincoln Street, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio:14
Hanshaw, Raymond, head-of-household, age 29, born in Ohio; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; rented home ($35/month rent); occupation: timekeeper, W.P.A.; worked 12 weeks in 1939; $308 wages in 1939.
Hanshaw, Lillian, wife, age 29, born in Michigan; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
In 1940 son Charles was living in the household of Raymond's aunt Ollie.15
During World War II Raymond served as a PFC in the U.S. Army.7,8
Raymond Anderson Hanshaw died Nov 18 1966, Los Angeles County, California; buried Nov 22 1966, Section 422 Row E Site 6, Los Angeles National Cemetery, 950 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, California.6,7,8
Photo: Raymond Anderson Hanshaw gravestone Los Angeles National Cemetery
Social Security information for Raymond Anderson Hanshaw: 297-30-5538
Social Security information for Emma Louise Music: 287-09-8241
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio; roll T626-1868, ED 34, page 14A, line #46, dwelling #334, family #347.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Cantrell Family Tree" posted by "KevinCantrell93".
- 1910 census, 4th Ward, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio; roll T624-1228, ED 156, page 21A, line #4, dwelling #102, family #107.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 4th Ward, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio; roll T625-1433, ED 154, page 7A, line #26, dwelling #136, family #160.
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ohio, Birth Index, 1908-1964; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1940 census, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio; roll T627-3247, ED 93-214, page 2B.
- West Virginia, Marriages Index, 1785-1971; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, 3rd Ward, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio; roll T627-3143, ED 73-45, page 4A, line #5, household #74.
- 1940 census, 4th Ward, Portsmouth, Scioto County, Ohio; roll T627-3143, ED 73-54, page 2A, line #29, household #26.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]