┌── Elza Hinshaw
┌── Llewelen Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1870-1942 │
│ └── Mary Ellen Robbins
Marion Zimarai Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Malissa Ann Hinshaw
D: 1980 │ │
└── Cora Alma Beard ───┤
└── Henry Beard
M: Edna L. Ruehrshneck
├── Donald Richard Hinshaw (1925-1963) 1,2,3,4
├── Gloria A. Hinshaw (1926-2000) 1,2,3
├── Arthur K. Hinshaw (1928-1998) 1,2,3
├── Norbert P. Hinshaw (1933-) 1,2
└── Carol J. Hinshaw (1936-) 1,2
Marion Zimarai Hinshaw [ID 01216]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Marion Zimarai Hinshaw5,6 [Marion Zimri Hinshaw7].
Born Jun 15 1898, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9
On Sep 12 1918 Marion Zimri Hinshaw, age 20, registered for the World War I draft in Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana. He declared he was born June 15 1898, and was then residing at the Y.M.C.A. in Richmond, employed as a teacher. He declared his nearest relative was his father, Lewellyn Hinshaw of Williamsburg, Wayne County, Indiana. He was recorded as tall, slender, brown hair, black eyes.7
Marion was shown in the 1918 city directory of Richmond, Indiana:10
Hinshaw Marion, student, b 224 s 11th
Marion was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 1920), living in his parents' household in Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:11
Hinshaw, Z. Marion, son, age 21, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: salesman, cash register.
Marion was doubly-enumerated in 1920, also shown in the 1920 census (Jan 12-14 1920), living in a lodging house at 352 Main St., Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio:8
James, Alfred E., head-of-household, age 36, born in Connecticut; occupation: stock clerk, register factory.
James, Minnie, wife, age 30, born in Connecticut.
Hinshaw, Marion Z., lodger, age 21, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: mechanic, register factory.
[... three additional lodgers ...]
He married Edna L. Ruehrshneck, Dec 12 1923.1,12 Edna, daughter of John Wolfgang Ruehrshneck & Elizabeth A. Korn, was born Jan 3 1898, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.1,2,3,9,12,13,14
On Feb 3 1927 Marion arrived at the Port of New York on the S.S. Volendam, having sailed Jan 31 1927 from Habana [Havana], Cuba:15
Hinshaw, Marion Zimri, age 28, born June 15, 1898 in Winchester, Indiana; married; address in the U.S.: 913 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Marion and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), 109 Oneida Street, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania:3
Hinshaw, Marion Z., head-of-household, age 31, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 24; rented home ($33.00 rent); radio in home; occupation: mechinist, cash register; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Edna H., wife, age 32, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Germany; first married at age 24.
Hinshaw, Donald R.
, son, age 5, born in Pennsylvania; father born in Indiana; mother born in Pennsylvania.
Hinshaw, Gloria A.
, daughter, age 3 years 11 months, born in Pennsylvania; father born in Indiana; mother born in Pennsylvania.
Hinshaw, Arthur K.
, son, age 1 year 6 months, born in Pennsylvania; father born in Indiana; mother born in Pennsylvania.
Marion and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 5 1940), 519 Wenzell Avenue, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania:2
Henshaw, Marion Z., head-of-household, age 42, born in Indiana; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($4000 value); occupation: service manager, register co.; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $2500 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Edna L., wife, age 42, born in Pennsylvania; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house,
, son, age 15, born in Pennsylvania; completed 3 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school,
, daughter, age 14, born in Pennsylvania; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same hous; attended schoole,
, son, age 11, born in Pennsylvania; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school,
, son, age 6, born in Pennsylvania; completed 1st grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school,
In 1942 Marion was still living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.16
In 1978 Edna was living in/near Park Forest, Cook County, Illinois.9
Edna died Feb 17 1978, Cook County, Illinois.1,9,17,18
In 1980 Marion was living in Matteson / Park Forest, Cook County, Illinois.9
Marion Zimarai Hinshaw died Jul 7 1980, Cook County, Illinois; buried Allegheny County Memorial Park, 1600 Duncan Avenue, Allison Park, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.1,9,17,18,19
Marion's obituary was published in the "Chicago Tribune" (Chicago, Illinois) on July 9, 198019 (see scan below).
Photo: Marion Zimri Hinshaw obituary "Chicago Tribune", Jul 9 1980
Photo: Edna L. Ruehrshneck
Social Security information for Marion Zimarai Hinshaw: 275-05-7715
Social Security information for Edna L. Ruehrshneck: 345-26-2961
- Contribution from Shirley Ann (Hinshaw) Oglesbee.
- 1940 census, 20th Ward, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; roll T627-3670, ED 69-614, page 2A, line #24, household #28.
- 1930 census, 19th Ward, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; roll T626-1981, ED 308, page 4A, line #1, dwelling #37, family #43.
- Obituary of Donald Richard Hinshaw.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio; roll T625-1421, ED 154, page 6B, line #56, dwelling #86, family #148.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll T625-473, ED 145, page 3B, line #53, dwelling #67, family #67.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Ruehrshneck (Rushneck) Family Tree" posted by "grushneck1".
- 1900 census, 6927 Susquehanna St., 21st Ward, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; roll T623-1362, ED 256, page 6A, line #24, dwelling #90, family #101.
- 1920 census, 1216 Hillsdale Ave., Dormont, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1511, ED 881, page 8A, line #8, dwelling #165, family #210.
- New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Llewelen Hinshaw.
- Cook County, Illinois, County Clerk's Office, Vital Records:
- Cook County, Illinois Death Index, 1908-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Marion Zimri Hinshaw obituary; "Chicago Tribune", Jul 9 1980;
Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]