M: Eve -
├── (unknown) Hanshew 1
├── Elizabeth Henshaw (c1806-1892) 2,3
├── Catherine Henshaw (c1808-?) 2,3
├── John Hanshew (c1812-?) 2,3
├── Gemima Henshaw (1814-?) 2,3
└── Barbary Henshaw (1816-?) 2,3
Samuel Hanshaw [ID 12165]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Samuel Hanshaw4 [Samuel Hanshew2].
He married Eve -4 [Eave -5]. Eve was born about 1786, Virginia.3,5
Samuel Hanshew was shown in the 1820 census, Tazewell County, Virginia:6
Samuel Hanshew household:
1 male under age 10. (John
1 male age 26-45. (Samuel)
2 females under age 10.
2 females age 16-26.
1 female age 45+. (apparently Eve, incorrectly classified)
On Dec 9 1828, in Burke's Garden, Tazewell County, Virginia, a new Lutheran Church was organized by Rev. Jacob Scherer. Among the original members of the congregation were Samuel Hanshaw and his wife, Eve.4
Samuel Hanshaw was shown in the 1840 census, Tazewell County, Virginia (page 48):7
Samuel Hanshaw household:
2 males under age 5.
1 male age 15-20.
1 male age 40-50. (Samuel)
1 female age 5-10.
1 female age 20-30.
1 female age 50-60. (Eve)
Samuel Hanshaw died before Sep - 1847.2 Samuel's will was probated in September, 1847 (Will Book 2, page 428). In his will he devised his property to his son John and daughters Elizabeth, Catherine, Gemima, and Barbary.2
Widow Eave was shown in the 1850 census, Tazewell County, Virginia, living with the family of her widowed daughter-in-law Lenna:5,8,9
Eave Hanshew, female, age 64, born in Virginia; farmer; cannot read or write.
LennaLiving next door in 1850 was the family of son John Hanshew.10
This person's ancestry is unknown!
[unclear] Hanshew, female, age 36, born in Virginia; cannot read or write.
If you know who the parents were, please
- Speculation, based upon the 1850 census family group.
- Will of Samuel Hanshew; Tazewell Co. Virginia Wills; USGenWeb Archives:
- LDS IGI, citing: member submission.
- "Lutheran Church Facts", taken from "Annals of Tazewell County, 1800-1922"; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1850 census, Tazewell County, Virginia; roll 979, page 259, dwelling #608.
- 1820 census, Tazewell County, Virginia; page 250; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1840 census, Tazewell County, Virginia; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1850 census, Tazewell County, Virginia; roll 979, page 259b, line #6, dwelling #608, family #608.
- 1850 census, Tazewell County, Virginia; roll 979, page 259a-259b, line #40, dwelling #607, family #607.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]