┌── Daniel Henshaw
┌── James Gaston Henshaw ──┤
│ 1844-1903 │
│ └── Emily Merritt
Grace Henshaw ─────────┤
B: 1870 │
D: 1950 │
└── Malissa Mark
M: - Nordyke
M: Fred Albert Woolsey
Grace Henshaw [ID 12198]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov - 1870, Iowa.1,2 (1878).3
She married - Nordyke.2,4
- died before Jun 1 1900.2
The following article was published in "The Arizona Republic" (Phoenix, Arizona) on September 2, 1899:5
Miss Grace Nordyke was among last night's north bound passengers for Kansas City.
Widow Grace was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), living with her parents in Maricopa County, Arizona Territory:2
Nordyke, Grace, daughter, age 29, born Nov 1870 in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; widow; occupation: photography.
Grace was shown in the 1903 city directory of Phoenix, Arizona:4
Henshaw, J. G.
, and wife, baggagemaster S. F., P. & P. Ry., r. 704 W. Madison.
Nordyke, Grace Mrs. (widow), photographer, r. 704 W. Madison.
She then married Fred Albert Woolsey, Sep 23 1903, Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona.6,7,8,9 Fred, son of Edmund E. Woolsey & Helen M. Tuxbury, was born Oct 4 1868, Cass County, Nebraska.3,7,8,9,10,11
Grace and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 17 1910), Old Black Canyon Road, Osborn Precinct, Maricopa County, Arizona:8
Woolsey, Fred A., head-of-household, age 41, born in Nebraska; father born in New York; mother born in Vermont; first marriage, married 6 years; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (mortgaged).
Woolsey, Grace, wife, age 37, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio; second marriage, married 6 years.
Henshaw, George G.D.
, adopted son, age 10, born in Arizona; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Iowa; attended school.
Grace and Fred were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), living (or staying) in the Grand Hotel, Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska:11
Woolsey, Fred A., boarder, age 51, born in Nebraska; father born in New York; mother born in New Hampshire; occupation: farmer.
Woolsey, Grace H., boarder, age 44, born in Iowa; parents born in Ohio.
Grace and Fred were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), living in a hotel at 922 Central Ave., Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska:9
Woolsey, Fred A., head-of-household, age 61, born in Nebraska; father born in New York; mother born in Vermont; first married at age 34; occupation: overseer, farm; not a veteran.
Woolsey, Grace H., boarder, age unknown, born in Iowa; parents born in United States.
Fred died Jan 15 1948, Los Angeles County, California; buried Plot 05-124-01, Mausoleum Bottom North, Wyuka Cemetery, Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska.3,10
Grace Henshaw died Nov 26 1950, buried Plot 05-124-02, Mausoleum Middle North, Wyuka Cemetery, Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska.3
- 1880 census, Chillicothe, Cass Township, Wapello County, Iowa; roll T9-0368, ED 72, page 264A, line #42, dwelling #9, family #9.
- 1900 census, Township 3, Maricopa County, Arizona Territory; roll T623-45, ED 26, page 1A, line #39, dwelling #8, family #10.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "The Arizona Republic" (Phoenix, Arizona), Sep 2 1899; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Arizona, Select Marriages, 1888-1908; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Desc of Nathaniel Merritt, Rev. War soldier" posted by "stemather" (Stephanie Mather: ).
- 1910 census, Osborn Precinct, Maricopa County, Arizona; roll T624-40, ED 68, page 130A, line #2, dwelling #232, family #238.
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska; roll T626-1288, ED 14, page 19B, line #58, dwelling #448, family #495.
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Nebraska City, Otoe County, Nebraska; roll T625-997, ED 128, page 6B, line #99, dwelling #83, family #95.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]