┌── Jacob B. Hinshaw
┌── Meredith Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1846-1922 │
│ └── Mary M. Carter
Stephen A. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1871 │
D: ? │
└── Mary Ellen Fudge
M: Anna Roseboom
├── Francis Russell Hinshaw (1893-1968) 1,2
M: Clara J. -
├── Arline W. Hinshaw (c1905-) 2
└── Leslie L. Hinshaw (c1907-) 2
Stephen A. Hinshaw [ID 01277]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Stephen A. Hinshaw3 [Arley Hinshaw4].
Born Jul - 18711,2 [about 18733], Indiana1,2.
He married Anna Roseboom, Dec 31 1891, Delaware County, Indiana.5,6
It appears (but is not conclusive) that Anna probably died before 1900.7
Stephen and son Francis were shown in the 1900 census, living with his parents in Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:1
, head-of-household, age 53, born Sept 1846 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 32 years; farmer; owned farm.
Hinshaw, Mary E.
, wife, age 53, born March 1847 in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; married 32 years; 3 children, 3 living.
Hinshaw, Stephen A., son, age 28, born July 1871 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; marital status unclear [appears to show widowed]; farm laborer.
He then married Clara J. -, about 1901.2 Clara was born about 1872, Indiana.2
Stephen and family were shown in the 1910 census (May 13-14 1910), Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana:2
Hinshaw, Stephen A., head-of-household, age 38, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; second marriage, married 9 years; farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Clara J., wife, age 38, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; first marriage, married 9 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Hinshaw, Francis R.
, daughter [sic], age 17, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; farm laborer, home farm.
Stephen was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 15 1920), apparently living alone in a lodging house in Flint, Genesee County, Michigan:8
Hinshaw, Stephen, lodger, age 45, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married; occupation: carpenter, house.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 128, page 155B (sheet 10B), line #76, dwelling #227, family #228.
- 1910 census, Green Township, Wayne County, Indiana; ED 170, page 90A (sheet 8A), line #36, dwelling #215, family #215.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-0307, ED 173, page 269B, line #13, dwelling #105, household #105.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Indiana Marriage Records Index 1845-1920; Ancestry.com; book C-10 pg 140.
- Delaware County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, 1827-1920, A-K,
Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1940; book C-10, pg 140.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 128, page 155B (sheet 10B), line #76, dwelling #227, household #228.
- 1920 census, Flint, Genesee County, Michigan; roll T625-764, ED 13, page 17B, line #57.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]