┌── Samuel Henshaw
┌── Samuel Wesley Henshaw ──┤
│ 1828-1903 │
│ └── Elizabeth Coppin
George Franklin Henshaw ───┤
B: 1874 │
D: ? │
└── Lydia Campbell
M: Pearl M. -
├── Beatrice Henshaw (1902-1997) 1
├── Genevieve M. Henshaw (1906-1988) 1,2
└── Samuel W. Henshaw (1906-1983) 1,2
George Franklin Henshaw [ID 12824]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
George Franklin Henshaw3,4,5,6 [Franklin Henshaw1, Frank G. Henshaw7].
Born Dec 15 1874, Michigan.2,3,6,7,8 (Dec - 1878).4
George was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1 1900), living alone in Arenac Township, Arenac County, Michigan:4
Henshaw, George F., head-of-household, age 21, born Dec 1878 in Michigan; father born in England; mother born in Scotland; single; occupation: harness maker; owned home (mortgaged).
He married Pearl M. -6 [Pearl F. -2,8], about 19026. Pearl was born about 1884, Michigan.2,6
On Sep 12 1918, George Franklin Henshaw, age 43, registered for the World War I draft in Flint, Michigan. He declared he was born Dec 15 1874 and his residence was 1651 Texas Ave., Flint, Michigan, where he was "not working". He declared his nearest relative was his wife Mrs. Pearl F. Henshaw of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, slender, brown eyes, black hair.8
George and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), 1651 [or 1657] Texas Ave., Flint, Genesee County, Michigan:2
Henshaw, George F., head-of-household, age 46, born in Michigan; father born in England; mother born in Canada; owned home; occupation: store keeper, grocery store.
Henshaw, Pearl F., wife, age 36, born in Michigan; parents born in Michigan.
Henshaw, Samuel W.
, son, age 14, born in Michigan; parents born in Michigan; attended school.
, daughter, age 14, born in Michigan; parents born in Michigan; attended school.
Meeks, Elmer, boarder, age 47, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: clerk, grocery store.
George and Pearl were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), 4025 W. Court St., Flint, Genesee County, Michigan:9
Henshaw, George F. [initial unclear], head-of-household, age 56, born in Michigan; father born in England; mother born in U.S.; first married at age 28; owned home ($5000 value); no radio in home; occupation: machine opr., auto factory; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Pearl M., wife, age 46, born in Michigan; parents born in Michigan; first married at age 17.
A George Franklin Hanshaw is buried in Ruby Cemetery, Saint Clair County, Michigan - died 1907, aged 6 years, 6 months, 22 days.10 This was probably an additional child of this family.11
- Posting Sep 10 2003 by Cassandra Alles Ruggieri to the Henshaw message board:
- 1920 census, 2nd Ward, Flint, Genesee County, Michigan; roll T625-765, ED 34, page 3B, line #96, dwelling #58, family #67.
- 1880 census, Kenokee Township, St. Clair County, Michigan; roll T9-0605, ED 379', page 273D, line #1, dwelling #198, family #208.
- 1900 census, Arenac Township, Arenac County, Michigan; roll T623-700, ED 22, page 1A, line #40, dwelling #7, family #7.
- 1920 census, Flint, Genesee County, Michigan; roll T625-765, ED 34, page 3B, line #96, dwelling #58, family #67.
- 1930 census, Flint, Genesee County, Michigan; roll T626-985, ED 41, page 7A-B, line #50, dwelling #170, family #164.
- 1894 state census, Greenwood Twp., St. Clair County, Michigan; USGenWeb:
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Ward 4, Flint, Genesee County, Michigan; roll T626-985, ED 41, page 7A-B, line #50, dwelling #170, family #164.
- St. Clair County, Michigan burials; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]