┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Perry Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1871-1939 │
│ └── Lydia Davis
Oliver Lawrence Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1894 │ ┌── Isaac Jewell
D: 1971 │ │
No Issue └── Emma Alice Jewell ─────┤
└── Rebecca Jane Moon
M: Ruby Raola Haston
Oliver Lawrence Hinshaw [ID 01322]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Oliver Lawrence Hinshaw1,2,3 [Lawrence Oliver Hinshaw2,4,5,6,7].
Born Sep 29 18942,3,4,7,8,9,10 [Sep - 18956,11], Eagletown, Hamilton County, Indiana2,3,4,7,8,9,10.
On Jun 5 1917 Lawrence Hinshaw, age 22, registered for the World War I draft in Marion County, Indiana. He declared he was born Sep 29 1894 in Eagletown, Indiana, single, and that his then current address was 6537 Ashland, Indianapolis where he was employed as an "electrician helper" with the Meier Electrical Co. of Indianapolis. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, light brown hair.7
He married Ruby Raola Haston, Aug 11 1921, Flora, Indiana.2,8 Ruby, daughter of Harve Haston & Ella Kelley, was born Dec 14 1899, Marion County, Indiana.2,11
Lawrence and Ruby were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), 6269 Broadway, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:11
Hinshaw, Lawrence, head-of-household, age 34, born in Indiana; father born in Kansas; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 26; owned home ($5000 value); radio in home; occupation: electrician, electrical; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Ruby, wife, age 30, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 22; occupation: bookbinder, printing co.
In 1971 Lawrence was living in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana.4
Oliver Lawrence Hinshaw died Jun - 1971, buried Union Chapel Cemetery, near Indianapolis, Indiana.2,4
Social Security information for Oliver Lawrence Hinshaw: 303-07-1483
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Obituary of brother Orval Howard Hinshaw included in
GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Anderson, Anderson Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T623-386, ED 86, page 15B, line #99, dwelling #329, family #339.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Indianapolis, Wayne Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T624-369, ED 265, page 170A, line #30, dwelling #168, family #171.
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-450, ED 22, page 1B, line #65, dwelling #18, family #18.
- 1930 census, Indianapolis, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-610, ED 453, page 5A, line #31, dwelling #441, family #465.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]