┌── Ezra William Hinshaw
┌── Horace Mann Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1869-1905 │
│ └── Elvira E. Griffin
Gurney Amos Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1902 │ ┌── Amos Bogue
D: 1995 │ │
└── Nancy Elvira Bogue ───┤
└── Phebe (Elvira) Reynolds
M: Florence May Lancaster
└── Janet Sappho Hinshaw (1934-2001) 1,2,3,4
M: Florence Ada Hockett
Gurney Amos Hinshaw [ID 01347]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 6 19021,2,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, Hardin County, Iowa1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 [Colorado3].
Gurney was shown in the 1926 city directory of Denver, Colorado:12
Hinshaw Gurney A student r 1455 Gaylord
He married Florence May Lancaster, Apr 19 1930, Denver, Colorado.1,2,13 Florence, daughter of Adial Banford Lancaster & Lula Wilson, was born Jan 25 1902, Sandy Ridge, Stokes County, North Carolina.2,3,6,13,14
Gurney and Florence were shown in the 1934 city directory of Denver, Colorado:12
Hinshaw Gurney A (Florence M) clk Rockel & Schwartz r 1058 S Gaylord
Gurney and Florence were shown in the 1935 city directory of Denver, Colorado:12
Hinshaw Gurney A (Florence M) clk r 1056 S Gaylord
Gurney and Florence were shown in the 1937 city directory of Denver, Colorado:12
Hinshaw Florence M Mrs authorizer May Co r 1790 S Lafayette
Hinshaw Gurney A (Florence M) clk r 1790 S. Lafayette
Gurney and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 26 1940), 2009 West Koenig, Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska:3
Hinshaw, Gurney A, head-of-household, age 37, born in Colorado; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/area; rented home ($23/month rent); occupation: book keeper, sugar refinery; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1500 wages in 1939.
Hinshaw, Florence M, wife, age 37, born in North Carolina; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/area.
Hinshaw, Janet S
, daughter, age 6, born in Colorado; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/area; attended school.
Gurney and family were shown in the 1945 city directory of Denver, Colorado:15
Hinshaw Dorothy E lab Dnvr Med Depot h1440 Delaware apt 2
Hinshaw Gurney A (Florence M) emp GRCo h1909 E 32d av
Hinshaw Margt E Mrs r1950 S York
Hinshaw Robt E (Kath E) printer Press h3228 Utica
Florence died Aug 27 1986, Thornton, Adams County, Colorado.6,13,14
He then married Florence Ada Hockett, Oct 8 1988.1 Florence Ada Hockett, daughter of Stella H. Hinshaw & Curtis Mahlon Hockett, was born Jul 20 1909, Stickney, Aurora County, South Dakota.13 Gurney and Florence were first cousins.
In 1995 Gurney was living in/near Stanton, Orange County, California.6
Gurney Amos Hinshaw died Sep 21 1995, Stanton, Orange County, California.1,6,7,8,11
Florence Ada Hockett died Mar 25 2000.6,16
Social Security information for Gurney Amos Hinshaw: 521-10-4955
Social Security information for Florence May Lancaster: 523-10-1508
Social Security information for Florence Ada Hockett: 527-09-2777
- Contribution from Horace Cassell Amend.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1940 census, Grand Island, Washington Township, Hall County, Nebraska; roll T627-2248, ED 40-11B, page 7A, line #7, household #153.
- Contribution from Horace Cassell Amend ().
- U.S., Hinshaw Index to Selected Quaker Records, 1680-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Rocky Ford, Otero County, Colorado; roll T624-123, ED 131, page 6A, line #12, dwelling #121, family #122.
- 1930 census, Rocky Ford, Otero County, Colorado; roll T626-248, ED 29, page 6A, line #27, dwelling #132, family #158.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Dorothy Ann (Conley) Cline.
- U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Marty (Martha) Mason-Fopiano.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sun Jan 1 11:02:57 2017
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]