┌── Nicholas Hancher
┌── William Hancher ──┤
│ 1788-1857 │
│ └── Mary -
Archibald Perry Hancher ───┤
B: c1820 │
D: 1882 │
└── Mary Howe
M: Angeline Bovard
├── Annie V. Hancher (c1855-?) 1,2
├── Ida B. Hancher (c1860-?) 1,2
├── Halla M. Hancher (1862-1933) 2,3,4,5
└── Charles Newton Hancher (1864-1945) 2,4,6
Archibald Perry Hancher [ID 13520]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born about 1820, Virginia.1,2,7,8
Archibald was a physician1,2,7,9 (or veterinarian).8
He married Angeline Bovard.1,2,4,7 Angeline was born Sep - 18271,2,3 [about 18297], Pennsylvania1,2,3.
Archibald and Angeline were shown in the 1850 census (Oct 3 1850), Ross Township, Butler County, Ohio:7
Archibald P. Hencher, age 30, born in Virginia; physician; $400 real estate.
Angeline Hencher, age 21, born in Pennsylvania.
Living next door in 1850 was brother James.10
Archibald and family were shown in the 1860 census (Oct 15 1860), Marshall County, Virginia:1
Archibald P. Hancher, age 40, born in Virginia; physician; $1600 personal property.
Angeline Hancher, age 31, born in Pennsylvania.
David L. Griffith, age 26, born in Pennsylvania; merchant; $500 personal property.
Thomas Jackson, age 13, born in Pennsylvania; attended school.
Archibald and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 28 1870), Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia:2
Hancher, Archibald, age 50, born in Virginia; physician; both parents foreign-born [sic].
Hancher, Angeline, age 42, born in Pennsylvania; keeps house.
Archibald was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), living alone at 1524 Main St., Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia:8
Hancher, Archibald P., age 60, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married; "vetinary surgeon".
Archibald Perry Hancher died Jul 28 1882, Ohio County, West Virginia; age 62.11
Angeline was shown in the 1888-1889 city directory of Wheeling, West Virginia:12
Mrs. A. Hancher, "boards 12 Ohio", Wheeling, West Virginia; widow.
Angeline was again shown in the 1890-1891 Wheeling city directory:12
Mrs. Angeline Hancher, widow, 1410 Jacob, Wheeling, West Virginia.
Angeline was again shown in the 1892-1893 Wheeling city directory:12
Mrs. Angeline Hancher, widow, 122 16th, Wheeling, West Virginia.
Widow Angeline was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), living in the household of daughter Halem in Wheeling, West Virginia:3
Evans, Frank G.
, head-of-household, age 43, born Dec 1856 in West Virginia; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 6 years; occupation: nailer; owned home (free).
, wife, age 38, born Feb 1862 in West Virginia; father born in Virginia; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 6 years; no children.
Photo: Archibald Perry Hancher death record, Ohio County, West Virginia
Hancher, Angeline, mother-in-law, age 72, born Sept 1827 in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow; 1 child, 1 living.
- 1860 census, Beeler Station P.O., Marshall County, Virginia; page 337, line #11, dwelling #1577, family #1563.
- 1870 census, 3rd Ward, Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia; page 194, line #36, dwelling #116, family #115.
- 1900 census, 6th Ward, Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia; roll T623-1769, ED 130, page 5B, line #59, dwelling #71, family #95.
- West Virginia, Deaths Index, 1853-1973; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Halla M. Hancher death certificate.
- Charles Newton Hancher death certificate.
- 1850 census, Ross Township, Butler County, Ohio; roll M432-662, page 394, line #20, dwelling #248, family #262.
- 1880 census, Wheeling, Ohio County, West Virginia; roll T9-1410, ED 199, page 229A, line #36, dwelling #32, family #32.
- Contribution from Robin Stacer ().
- 1850 census, Ross Township, Butler County, Ohio; roll M432-662, page 394, line #15, dwelling #247, family #261.
- Archibald Perry Hancher death record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Wheeling, West Virginia Directories, 1888-93; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:56 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]