┌── John E. Hinshaw
┌── Luther Monroe Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1875-1937 │
│ └── Sarah "Sally" Moxley
Leo Farris Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1903 │ ┌── Henry Brown
D: 1974 │ │
└── Minnie N. Brown ────────┤
└── Elisa Evans
M: Olive Ophelia Bingham
├── Naomi Ruth Hinshaw (1931-1992) 1,2
├── David Lee Hinshaw (1933-) 1,2
├── Stephan Harvey Hinshaw (1936-) 1,2
└── James Phillip Hinshaw (1938-) 1,2
Leo Farris Hinshaw [ID 13589]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 25 1903, North Carolina.3,4,5,6,7
He married Olive Ophelia Bingham.1,7 Olive was born Aug 1 1905, North Carolina.2,3,8
Leo was the owner & operator of the "Hinshaw Implement Company".7
Leo and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), Edwards Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Leo, head-of-household, age 35, born in North Carolina; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($1800 value); occupation: owner, retail hardware.
Hinshaw, Olive Ophelia, wife, age 34, born in North Carolina; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Hinshaw, Naomi May
, daughter, age 8, born in North Carolina; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Hinshaw, David LeeLiving next door in 1940 was the family of brother Clyde.9
, son, age 7, born in North Carolina; completed 1st grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
In 1974 Leo was living at 2932 Stockton St., Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina.3,7,8
Leo Farris Hinshaw died Jan 7 1974, Forsyth Memorial Hospital, Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina; age 70.3,7,8,10
Olive died Feb 16 1984, Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina; age 78.3,8
Social Security information for Leo Farris Hinshaw: 245-50-4869
Social Security information for Olive Ophelia Bingham: 245-38-0360
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Edwards Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T627-2988, ED 97-6, page 31B, line #47, household #92.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Boonville Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T624-1130, ED 136, page 127B, line #97, dwelling #254, family #257.
- 1920 census, Edwards Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T625-1329, page 2B, line #65, dwelling #29, family #29.
- 1930 census, Edwards Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T626-1728, ED 8, page 7B, line #64, dwelling #116, family #124.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Edwards Township, Wilkes County, North Carolina; roll T627-2988, ED 97-6, page 31B, line #43, household #91.
- Contribution from Ron Collins () citing:
Forsyth County, North Carolina Death Index.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]