┌── Ezra Hinshaw
┌── Jesse Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1824-1901 │
│ └── Jane Woodward
Milo R. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1863 │ ┌── Joseph Hadley
D: 1930 │ │
└── Julia Hadley ───┤
└── Mary Hinshaw
M: Ida R. Zear
└── Jesse Zear Hinshaw (1890-1950) 1,2,3,4
Milo R. Hinshaw [ID 01362]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Milo R. Hinshaw3,5,6 [Milo O. Hinshaw1,7,8].
Born Jul 30 1863, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.1,2,3,5,6,7,8
He married Ida R. Zear, Aug 30 1888.1,2,3,6,8,9 Ida, daughter of Joseph + Delilah Zear, was born Feb - 1865, Iowa.2,3,5,9
Milo Hinshaw was listed in the 1892 Iowa Farmers Directory, Jefferson County, Iowa.10
Milo and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 7 1900), Black Hawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa:2
Hinshaw, Milo, head-of-household, age 35, born July 1864 in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; married 11 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Hinshaw, Ida [unclear], wife, age 35, born Feb 1865 in Iowa; father born in France; mother born in Ohio; married 11 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Hinshaw, ZearLiving nearby in 1900 was the family of nephew William Franklin "Frank" Hinshaw.11
, son, age 10, born Apr 1890 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school 7 months.
Milo and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 29 1910), Fairfield, Jefferson County, Iowa:3
Hinshaw, Milo R., head-of-household, age 46, born in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 21 years; occupation: retail merchant, feed; rented home.
Hinshaw, Ida R., wife, age 45, born in Iowa; father born in France; mother born in Ohio; first marriage, married 21 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Hinshaw, J. Zear
, son, age 20, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; occupation: student, college; attended school.
Zear, Delilah, mother-in-law, age 70, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; widow; 4 children, 3 living.
Milo and Ida were shown in the 1920 census (Feb 13 1920), Depot Street, Wayland, Henry County, Iowa:5
Hinshaw, Milo R., head-of-household, age 56, born in Iowa; parents born in North Carolina; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: laborer, working out.
Hinshaw, Ida Z., wife, age 55, born in Iowa; father born in France; mother born in Ohio.
Milo R. Hinshaw died Feb 9 1930, buried Highland Cemetery, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.6,8,9,12,13
Ida was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), living with her brother on Depot Street, Wayland, Jefferson Township, Henry County, Iowa:14
Hinshaw, Ida, head-of-household, age 66, born in Iowa; father born in France; mother born in Ohio; widow; owned home ($2500 value); no radio in home; occupation: none.
Zear, Joseph, brother, age 55, born in Iowa; father born in France; mother born in Ohio; widower; occupation: day laborer, general work; not a war veteran.
Ida was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), living alone on Depot Street, Wayland, Jefferson Township, Henry County, Iowa:15
Henshaw, Ida Z, head-of-household, age 76, born in Iowa; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; widow; owned home ($1000 value).
Ida died Dec 15 1946, DeVol Nursing Home, Mt. Pleasant, Iowa; buried Highland Cemetery, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.13,16
Ida's death was noted in "The Mt. Pleasant News" (Mt. Pleasant, Iowa) on Monday, December 16 1946;16
Mrs. Ida Hinshaw
Taken By Death
Wayland -- Mrs. Ida Hinshaw, 82, passed away Sunday evening at 8:30 at the DeVol nursing home in Mt. Pleasant, having been there since last spring.
She was married to Milo Hinshaw who passed away in 1930. A son, Zear Hinshaw of Muscatine, and a brother, Charles Zear of Wayland survive.
The funeral will be at the Zehr funeral home Wednesday at 10 a. m. Rev. Hunting will be in charge. Mrs. Earl Conrad will sing accompanied by Mrs. Frank Clark. Burial will be in the family lot at Richmond.
Photo: Milo Hinshaw & Ida Zear gravestone Richland Friends' Cemetery
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1900 census, Black Hawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T623-439, ED 41, page 3B, line #71, dwelling #69, family #70.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Fairfield, Fairfield Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T624-408, ED 48, page 129A, line #10, dwelling #362, family #384.
- Query posting by Dixie Richardson () on http://www.genexchange.org.
- 1920 census, Wayland, Jefferson Township, Henry County, Iowa; roll T625-493, ED 35, page 17B, line #89, dwelling #420, family #425.
- Iowa Cemetery Records. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Posting Jun 14 2003 by Cathy Joynt Labath () to IAJEFFER-L.
- 1900 census, Black Hawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T623-439, ED 41, page 3B, line #91, dwelling #75, family #76.
- WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1930 census, Wayland, Jefferson Township, Henry County, Iowa; roll T626-658, ED 8, page 5A, line #31, dwelling #149, family #153.
- 1940 census, Wayland, Jefferson Township, Henry County, Iowa; roll T627-1166, ED 44-8, page 7A, line #13, household #179.
- Death of Ida Hinshaw; "The Mt. Pleasant News" (Mt. Pleasant, Iowa), Dec 16 1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]