┌── Thomas J. Hinshaw
┌── Alva P. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1863-1949 │
│ └── Sarah Mills
Glen P. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1892 │
D: 1976 │
└── Cora May Kulp
M: Martha E. Steck
├── Margaret Alene Hinshaw (1920-2001) 1,2,3
└── Donald Eugene Hinshaw (1924-2010) 1,2,3
Glen P. Hinshaw [ID 13810]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Glen P. Hinshaw1,2,4,5,6 [Glenn P. Hinshaw3,7].
Born Jan 23 1892, Kansas.2,3,4,5,6,7
Glen was a veteran of World War I,2 having served in Company C, 353rd Infantry, American Expeditionary Forces.8
He married Martha E. Steck1,2 [Martha Speck9], about 19171,2. Martha was born about 1893, Kansas.2,3
Glen and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 22 1930), 1712 Lowell, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, Glen P., head-of-household, age 38, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 25; owned home ($6000 value); radio in home; occupation: owner, grocery store; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Martha E., wife, age 37, born in Kansas; father born in Germany; mother born in France; first married at age 24.
Glen and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 6/11 1940), 1710 West First, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas:3,10
Hinshaw, Glenn, head-of-household, age 48, born in Kansas; completed 1 year of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($2700 value); occupation: groceryman, own business; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $2000 wages in 1939.
Hinshaw, Martha, wife, age 47, born in Kansas; completed 1 year of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Hinshaw, Margaret A
, daughter, age 19, born in Kansas; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Hinshaw, Donald E
, son, age 16, born in Kansas; completed 9th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Hinshaw, Alva P
, father, age 79, born in Indiana; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; widower.
In 1976 Glen was living in/near Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas.6
Glen P. Hinshaw died Oct - 1976.6
Social Security information for Glen P. Hinshaw: 511-32-1425
- Obituary of Margaret A. Hinshaw.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas; roll T626-723, ED 38, page 17A, line #45, dwelling #398, family #418.
- 1940 census, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas; roll T627-1261, ED 89-48A, page 4A, line #13, household #83.
- 1905 Kansas state census, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll KS1905-165, page 4, line #1, family #34.
- 1910 census, Wakeeney, Trego County, Kansas; roll T624-458, ED 227, page 197B, line #75, dwelling #160, family #172.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Wakeeney Township, Trego County, Kansas; roll T623-502, ED 187, page 7B, line #68, dwelling #176, family #176.
- The Kansas Collection: http://www.kancoll.org/books/dienst/353-roster2.html.
- Obituary of Donald Eugene Hinshaw.
- 1940 census, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas; roll T627-1261, ED 89-48A, page 61A, line #23, household #83.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]