┌── (unknown) Hanshaw
┌── Alexander Hanshaw ──┤
Elvis Merle Hanshaw ──────┤
B: 1900 │ ┌── Thomas Gatzman
D: 1978 │ │
└── Emma Gatzman ───────┤
└── E. (Gatzman)
M: Genivieve M. Patterson
Elvis Merle Hanshaw [ID 14016]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Elvis Merle Hanshaw1,2,3 [Elvin Hanshaw4].
Born Feb 3 1900, California.3,5,6,7,8 (Feb 3 1901).1
On Sep 12 1918 Elvis Merle Hanshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Stanislaus County, California. He declared he was born Febr 3 1900, and was then residing in Oakdale, Stanislaus County, California where he was a drug clerk employed by A.H. Endicott of Oakdale. He declared his nearest relative was Emma Hanshaw of Oakdale. He was recorded as tall, slender, brown eyes, brown hair.7
He married Genivieve M. Patterson, about 1927.8 Genivieve was born about 1902, California.8
Elvis and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), Modesto, Stanislaus County, California:8
Hanshaw, Elvis M., head-of-household, age 30, born in California; father born in United States; mother born in California; first married at age 27. rented home ($39 rent); radio in home; occupation: manager, accesory store; not a veteran.
Hanshaw, Genivieve M., wife, age 28, born in California; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in California; first married at age 18.
Patterson, Criston D., stepson, age 9, born in California; parents born in California; attended school.
In 1960 Elvis was living in Redding, Shasta County, California.2
Elvis Merle Hanshaw died Apr 11 1978, Butte County, California; age 78.1,5
Social Security information for Elvis Merle Hanshaw: 553-03-9526
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- Obituary of James Edward Hanshaw.
- 1900 census, Oakdale Township, Stanislaus County, California; ED 51, page 97A (Sheet 17A), line #47, dwelling #391, family #392.
- Obituary of Emma Hanshaw, posted Nov 14 2002 by Judy Ewbank () to the Stanislaus County, California message board:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Oakdale, Stanislaus County, California; ED 157, page 148A (Sheet 10A), line #30, dwelling #232, family #232.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Modesto, Stanislaus County, California; roll T626-223, ED 9, page 5A, line #43, dwelling #104, family #105.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]