┌── Ezra Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1779-1869 │
│ └── Ruth Marshill
Milton Hinshaw ────────┤
B: 1821 │ ┌── Richard Beeson
D: 1902 │ │
└── Lorohame Beeson ──┤
└── Abigail Dimmitt
M: Elizabeth K. Newman
├── Sabra Hinshaw (1843-1907) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Zebedee M. Hinshaw (1844-1919) 1,2,3,4,5,6
├── Ruhama Verina Hinshaw (1846-1922) 2,3,4,5,7
├── William Wiley Hinshaw (1849-1915) 1,2,3,4,5,8,9
└── Sherman Makepeace Hinshaw (1865-1903) 2,5,7,10,11
M: Caroline Faulkner
Milton Hinshaw [ID 01430]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 9 18211,8,10,12,13 [about 18117], Marlborough MM, Randolph County, North Carolina1,8,10,12,13.
At Marlborough MM on 4-2-1842, "Milton & Minus" were disowned.14
He married Elizabeth K. Newman12,15, Aug 27 184212,15 [Sep 1 18421,6,13,16,17], Guilford County, North Carolina12,15. Elizabeth, daughter of James Newman & Rosannah Beeson3,4,8,15,18, was born Mar 14 18203,4,8,15,18 [about 18107], North Carolina3,4,8,15,18.
Note that Elizabeth's mother, Rosannah Beeson, was the sister of Milton's mother, Lorohame Beeson. Therefore Milton and Elizabeth were first cousins.15,19
A marriage bond was recorded for Milton Hinshaw & Elizabeth Newman on August 27, 1842, Guilford County, North Carolina:15,20
The bondsman, R. B. Newman, was Richard B. Newman, Elizabeth's brother.15
Milton Hinshaw, son of William & Ruhama Hinshaw, married Elizabeth K. Newman, daughter of James & Rosannah Newman, 27 Aug 1842. R. B. Newman, bondsman; John M. Logan (clerk) witness.
Milton and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:3
Milton Hinshaw, age 30, born in North Carolina; farmer; $267 real estate.
Elizabeth Hinshaw, age 30, born in North Carolina.
Milton and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 28 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:4
Milton Hinshaw, age 40, born in North Carolina; farmer; $2000 real estate; $1530 personal property.
Elizabeth Hinshaw, age 40; domestic.
On Jul 10 1869 in Randolph County, North Carolina, Milton & Zebedee Hinshaw were recorded among the buyers in a sale of the estate of Nancy Lamb, deceased.21
Milton and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 2 1870), Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:7
Hinshaw, Milton, age 59, born in North Carolina; farmer; $1500 real estate; $415 personal property.
Hinshaw, Elizabeth R., age 60, born in North Carolina; housekeeping.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of son Zebedee.22
Elizabeth died Apr 27 1877, buried New Salem M.P. Church Cemetery, Randleman, North Carolina.1,5,8,18
He then married Caroline Faulkner, Oct 29 1877.1,5,13
Milton and family were shown in the 1880 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:23
Hinshaw, Milton, age 61, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hinshaw, Caroline, wife, age 47, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; keeping house; cannot write.
, son, age 15, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farm laborer; attended school.
Caroline died before 1900.10
Widower Milton Hinshaw was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 19 1900), living in the household of his son Sherman:10
Hinshaw, Milton, father, age 79, born Feb 1821 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widower; farmer.
Milton Hinshaw died Jul 20 1902.1,5,6,8,13,19
Photo: Elizabeth K. Newman gravestone New Salem Cemetery
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
with Joyce Loretta Caroline (Hinshaw) Berry of British Columbia, Canada.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 188, dwelling #356.
- 1860 census, Asheboro P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 264, line #37, dwelling #543, family #543.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Sue Aaron ().
- 1870 census, Franklinsville P.O., Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 368A, line #33, dwelling #324, family #302.
- Registered Application Papers from the National Society of the Daughters
of the American Revolution (DAR), submitted
by Joyce Loretta Caroline (Hinshaw) Berry of British Columbia, Canada.
- Family group sheets from Ruth Agnes Hinshaw Ottmar,
submitted by Art Worrell ().
- 1900 census, Franklinville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; ED 87, page 120A, line #23, dwelling #147, family #154.
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw and Victoria Hinshaw.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Contribution from James M. Newman ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Pennsylvania.
- http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
- Gravestone photo courtesy of Richard Alan Wood.
- Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "The Genealogical Journal", Vol. XXIII, No. 3, Summer 1999, pg 51;
Randolph County Genealogical Society.
- 1870 census, Franklinsville P.O., Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 368A-B, line #38, dwelling #325, family #303.
- 1880 census, Franklinsville Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 216, page 98C, line #23, dwelling #66, family #66.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]