┌── Joseph Henshaw
┌── Henry Henshaw ──┤
│ 1873-1911 │
│ └── Martha M. -
Hazel Ulala Henshaw ───┤
B: 1895 │
└── Ida E. Berger
M: Harlan A. Loomis
Hazel Ulala Henshaw [ID 14557]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug - 1895, Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.1,2,3,4,5
Baptized St John´s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania.6
She married Harlan A. Loomis, 1922, Rochester, Monroe County, New York.7 Harlan was born Feb 21 1895, Rochester, Monroe County, New York.4,5,8,9
Harlan was a World War I vereran.4 On Aug 23 1917 Harlan A. Loomis had enlisted at Ft. Slocum, New York as a private in the U.S. Army; promoted to corporal Jan 4 1919; served overseas Nov 26 1917 - Apr 27 1919; honorably discharged May 17 1919.9,10
Hazel and Harlan were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), 40 Bakerdale Road, Greece. Monroe County, New York:4
Loomis, Harlan A., head-of-household, age 35, born in New York; father born in Michigan; mother born in New York; first married at age 28; owned home ($1000 value); radio in home; occupation: salesman, food products; World War I veteran.
Loomis, Hazel U., wife, age 34, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 27; occupation: tabulator, optical factory.
Hazel and Harlan were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 4 1940), 40 Bakerdale Road, Greece. Monroe County, New York:5
Loomis, Harlan, head-of-household, age 45, born in Rochester; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($4000 value); occupation: inspector, investigation; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $2500 wages in 1939.
Loomis, Hazel, wife, age 44, born in Sayre, Pennsylvania; completed 3 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Harlan died Dec 21 1950, buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Rochester, Monroe County, New York.9
- 1900 census, Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania; roll T623-1382, ED 12, page 11A-B, line #49, dwelling #248, family #266.
- 1910 census, 4th Ward, Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania; roll T624-1318, ED 31, page 9B, line #205, dwelling #210, family #266.
- 1920 census, 10th Ward, Rochester, Monroe County, New York; roll T625-1122, ED 120, page 6A, line #4, dwelling #121, family #135.
- 1930 census, Greece. Monroe County, New York; roll T626-1446, ED 213, page 35B, line #67, dwelling #689, family #689.
- 1940 census, Greece. Monroe County, New York; roll T627-2678, ED 28-24, page 5B, line #79, household #113.
- Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985; http://www.ancestry.com.
- City of Rochester Archives and Records Center, Historic Marriage Records Research Site:
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963; http://www.ancestry.com.
- New York, Abstracts of World War I Military Service, 1917-1919; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]