┌── William Henshaw
┌── Oliver Leman Hanshaw ───┤
│ 1865-1930 │
│ └── Marilla Sweet
Estella May Hanshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │
D: 1972 │
└── Nora Doshia Nicholson
M: Ralph Cooley
Estella May Hanshaw [ID 15038]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Estella May Hanshaw1,2,3 [May Hanshaw4,5].
Born May 23 1898, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5
She married Ralph Cooley, Sep 6 1915.1 Ralph, son of Herschel C. + Minnie D. Cooley, was born Apr 23 1894, Andover, Butler County, Kansas.3,6 (c1898).7 (Apr 23 1895).1,8
Margaret E. Cooley, born 1916, Kansas.
On Jun 5 1917 Ralph Cooley, age 23, registered for the World War I draft in Butler County, Kansas. He declared he was born Apr 23 1894 in Andover, Kansas, and was then residing at 1 R.F.D., Augusta, Kansas where he was a farmer with a wife and child. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, brown hair.6
Estella May and daughter Margaret (without Ralph for some reason) were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 19 1920), living with her parents in Bruno Township, Butler County, Kansas:5
Cooley, May, daughter, age 21, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; married; occupation: none.
Cooley, Margaret, granddaughter, age 3 years 11 months, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas.
Estella May and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas:7
Cooley, Ralph, head-of-household, age 32, born in Kansas; parents born in United States; first married at age 20; owned home ($3500 value); radio in home; occupation: foreman, garage; not a war veteran.
Cooley, Estella M., wife, age 30, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; first married at age 17.
Cooley, Margaret E., daughter, age months, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
In 1972 Estella was living in/near Augusta, Butler County, Kansas.3
Estella May Hanshaw died Sep 15 1972, Kansas; buried Seltzer Cemetery.1,3
Ralph died Sep - 1983, Kansas.1,3
Social Security information for Estella May Hanshaw: 509-48-8929
Social Security information for Ralph Cooley: 513-12-9997
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by William Knox ().
- 1910 census, 5th Ward, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T624-456, ED 136, page 160A, line #14, dwelling #94, family #98.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Bruno Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T623-472, ED 3, page 12B, line #97, dwelling #255, family #255.
- 1920 census, Bruno Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T625-523, ED 8, page 4B, line #68, dwelling #83, family #88.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T626-720, ED 55, page 18B, line #56, dwelling #410, family #462.
- 1900 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T623-473, ED 18, page 4A, line #11, dwelling #64, family #65.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]