M: Priscilla -
├── Sarah E. Hansher (c1848-?) 1,2,3
├── Joseph Hansher (1851-1935) 1,2
├── Robert William Hansher (c1857-?) 1,2
└── Jesse H. Hancher (c1858-?) 1
John Hanshaw [ID 15264]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
John Hanshaw3 [John Hancher1, John Hansher2,4,5].
Born Feb - 1823, Virginia.2,3,4,5 (c1825).1
He married Priscilla -, about 1843.1,2,3,4,5 Priscilla was born Feb - 1816, Ohio.1,2,4,5 (Virginia).3
John and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 10 1850), York Township, Belmont County, Ohio:3
John Hanshaw, age 27, born in Virginia; laborer.
Pricilla Hanshaw, age 34, born in Virginia.
John and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 12 1860), Athens Township, Harrison County, Ohio:1
John Hancher, age 35, born in Virginia; laborer; $200 personal property.
Priscilla Hancher, age 44, born in Ohio; house keeper.
Living three houses away in 1860 was the family of a John & Sarah Brokaw, including an unidentified Martha Hancher, age 10, born in Ohio6 (who might have been an additional child of this family).7
John and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 6 1870), Wilkesville, Vinton County, Ohio:2
Hansher, John, age 46, born in Virginia; bible agent; $400 real estate; $900 personal property.
Hansher, Prissiller, age 54, born in Ohio; keeping house.
, age 18, born in Ohio; attended school; works on farm for money.
, age 13, born in Ohio; attended school; works on farm for money.
John and Priscilla were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 22 1880), Morgan Township, Gallia County, Ohio:4
Hansher, John, age 56, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; farmer.
Hansher, Priscilla, wife, age 64, born in Ohio; parents born in Pennsylvania; keeping house.
John and Priscilla were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 30 1900), Wilkesville, Vinton County, Ohio:5
Hansher, John, head-of-household, age 76, born Aug 1823 in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married 57 years.
Hansher, Priscilla, wife, age 84, born Feb 1816 in Ohio; father's birthplace unknown; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 57 years; 3 children, 3 living.
Priscilla died Sep - 1904, Vinton County, Ohio; age 87.8
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1860 census, Athens P.O., Athens Township, Harrison County, Ohio; roll M653-984, page 38, line #32, dwelling #554, family #550.
- 1870 census, Wilkesville, Vinton County, Ohio; roll M593-1276, page 196, line #25, dwelling #238, family #238.
- 1850 census, York Township, Belmont County, Ohio; roll M432-661, page 41, line #2, dwelling #19, family #19.
- 1880 census, Morgan Township, Gallia County, Ohio; roll T9-1018, ED 31, page 439D, line #38, dwelling #216, family #217.
- 1900 census, Wilkesville, Vinton County, Ohio; roll T623-1329, ED 116, page 15B, line #65, dwelling #304, family #306.
- 1860 census, Athens P.O., Athens Township, Harrison County, Ohio; roll M653-984, page 38, line #12, dwelling #551, family #547.
- Vinton County Ohio - County Death Records, Vol. 3; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]