George Washington Hinshaw
┌── Ira Hinshaw
┌── Benjamin Hinshaw ───────────────────┤
│ 1860-1925 │
│ └── Louisa (Wells) Staley
George Washington Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1893 │
D: 1972 │
└── Jennie Martha Lavina Jane Pickett
M: Cora Weisner
George Washington Hinshaw [ID 15525]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 9 18931,2,3,4,5 [Mar 9 18926,7], North Carolina1,2,3,4,5.
George was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 27 1920), living in a boarding house in Morehead Township, Guilford County, North Carolina:8
Hinshaw, George W., boarder, age 25, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: mechanic, automobile.
He married Cora Weisner.1 Cora, daughter of J.M. + Dorcas Weisner, was born about 1885, North Carolina.3
Cora had apparently been previously married.3
George and Cora were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 19 1930), Friendship Township, Guilford County, North Carolina:3
Hinshaw, George W., head-of-household, age 36, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 26; owned home; no radio in home; occupation: mechanic, automobile; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Cara M., wife, age 45, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 21.
Weisner, J.M., father-in-law, age 82, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 24.
Weisner, Darcas S., mother-in-law, age 72, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 15.
In 1972 George was living in/near Clearwater, Pinellas County, Florida.4
George Washington Hinshaw died Sep 13 1972, Hillsborough County, Florida.4,5,6
Social Security information for George Washington Hinshaw: 239-09-6145
- Contribution from DoraLee Harvey Hatley citing: Doris Pike.
- 1900 census, Patterson Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T623-1180, ED 1, page 12A, line #11, dwelling #232, family #232.
- 1930 census, Friendship Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T626-1694, ED 7, page 8A, line #28, dwelling #139, family #143.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Florida Death Index, 1970-79; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Patterson Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T624-1095, ED 2, page 10B, line #94, dwelling #190, family #193.
- 1920 census, Morehead Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T625-1302, ED 148, page 13B, line #56, dwelling #217, family #226.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]