Lydia Rebecca "Becky" Henshaw
┌── Nathan Hinshaw
┌── Barclay William Henshaw ──┤
│ 1863-1950 │
│ └── Lydia M. Thomas
Lydia Rebecca "Becky" Henshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── John Maxwell Newlin
D: 1994 │ │
└── Flora Alice Newlin ───────┤
└── Rebecca E. Branson
M: Martin Earl Bischoff
M: David A. Davis
Lydia Rebecca "Becky" Henshaw [ID 16040]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 2 1898, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Lydia was a member of the senior class of 1916 at North Side High School, Denver.8
She married Martin Earl Bischoff, Jun 24 1917.2,5,6 Martin, son of Jacob + Lena Bischoff, was born Nov 12 1892, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.1,5,6,9,10
Martin Earl Bischoff, Jr., born Jul 6 1920; died May 23 2006, buried May 30 2006, Ft. Logan National Cemetery, Denver, Colorado; married 1) Jul 12 1953, Dorothy Ann Skogerson (one son and two daughters); 2) Rosemary Look.
Betty Ann Bischoff, born May 6 1922; died May 30 2006; married James Harp Cowden (children: James Cowden, Jr. and Marty Cowden); divorced.
Martin was a World War I veteran, serving as a sergeant in the infantry.6,13 On Jun 5 1917 Martin Earl Bischoff, age 24, registered for the World War I draft in Denver, Colorado. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, light hair.10
Lydia and Martin were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), living with Lydia's parents at 3147 West 28th, Denver, Colorado:5
Bischoff, Lydia R., daughter, age 21, born in Kansas; father born in Kansas; mother born in Indiana.
Bischoff, Martin E., son-in-law, age 27, born in Colorado; father born in Germany; mother born in United States; occupation: salesman, clothing co.
Lydia and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), Jenobia St., Denver, Colorado:6
Bischoff, Martin E., head-of-household, age 36, born in Colorado; father born in Germany; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 24; rented home ($32 rent); radio in home; occupation: salesman, clothing; World War I veteran.
Bischoff, Lydia R., wife, age 31, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; first married at age 18.
Bischoff, Martin E. Jr., son, age 9, born in Colorado; father born in Colorado; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Bischoff, Betty Ann, daughter, age 7, born in Colorado; father born in Colorado; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Martin died Jul 24 1950, Colorado.1,2
She then married David A. Davis.1 David was born Mar 26 1897.1,2,7
David died Sep 12 1975.1,2,7
Lydia Rebecca "Becky" Henshaw died Apr 6 1994, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.1,2,7
Social Security information for Lydia Rebecca "Becky" Henshaw: 524-36-5096
Social Security information for David A. Davis: 521-10-9960
- Contribution from Joan Henshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Raymond L. Maris ().
- 1900 census, Precinct 4, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T623-118, ED 59, page 6B, line #63, dwelling #130, family #138.
- 1910 census, 8th Ward, Precinct 6, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T624-115, ED 99, page 101A, line #6, dwelling #2, family #2.
- 1920 census, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T625-158, ED 19, page 3B, line #80, dwelling #62, family #65.
- 1930 census, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T626-232, ED 6, page 18A-B, line #50, dwelling #379, family #412.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- North Side High School 1916 - Faculty & Senior Class; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1900 census, Denver, Arapahoe County, Colorado; roll T623-118, ED 48, page 10A, line #32, dwelling #212, family #221.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Martin Earl Bischoff, Jr.; "The Denver Post", May 28-29 2006:
- Obituary of Betty Ann (Bischoff) Crowden; "The News-Times", Jun 2 2006; "Obituary Collection", http://www.ancestry.com.
- Colorado Soldiers in WWI, 1917-18; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]