┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Perry Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1871-1939 │
│ └── Lydia Davis
Carlos Wayne Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1907 │ ┌── Isaac Jewell
D: 1963 │ │
└── Emma Alice Jewell ─────┤
└── Rebecca Jane Moon
M: Viola M. Snodgrass
├── Norma E. Hinshaw (1930-) 1
M: Ruth Mildred Goff
├── Larry Wayne Hinshaw (1941-2003) 2,3
└── Michael David Hinshaw (1947-) 2,3,4
Carlos Wayne Hinshaw [ID 01622]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Carlos Wayne Hinshaw2,3,5,6 [Wayne Hinshaw3,7,8].
Born Dec 11 1907, Broadripple, Marion County, Indiana.2,3,5,6,7,8,9
He married Viola M. Snodgrass, about 1929.1,9 Viola, daughter of Fred M. Snodgrass & Hazel Conover, was born Feb 10 1910, Indiana.1,10
Wayne was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living with his parents at 6627 Ferguson, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:9
Hinshaw, C. Wayne, son, age 22, born in Indiana; father born in Kansas; mother born in Indiana; married, first married at age 21; occupation: salesman, grocery.
Viola was living next door with her step-father in 1930, at 6630 Ferguson, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:1
Pope, LeRoy C., head-of-household, age 37, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; widower, first married at age 21; rented home ($20 rent); radio in home; occupation: crane operator, railroad; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Viola M., daughter, age 20, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married, first married at age 19.
Hinshaw, Norma E.
, granddaughter, age 2 months, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
This marriage was short-lived. Viola remarried to her widowed step-father, LeRoy Christian Frededrick Pope, Nov 15 1930, Morgan County, Indiana.10,11
He then married Ruth Mildred Goff, Jun 20 1936, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana.2 Ruth, daughter of Robert Wayne + Ruth Dorothy Goff, was born Dec 20 1915, Waveland, Montgomery County, Indiana.2,12,13
Carlos Wayne Hinshaw died Feb 28 1963, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; buried Quaker Cemetery, Eagletown, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,7
In 1992 Ruth was still living in/near Indianapolis, Indiana.12
Ruth died Feb 23 1992.12
Photo: Gravestone: Carlos Wayne Hinshaw
Social Security information for Ruth Mildred Goff: 304-05-7036
- 1930 census, Indianapolis, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-610, ED 349, page 3A, line #19, dwelling #110, family #110.
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-450, ED 22, page 1B, line #65, dwelling #18, family #18.
- Contribution from Robert S. Hinshaw citing: gravestone.
- 1910 census, Indianapolis, Wayne Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T624-369, ED 265, page 170A, line #30, dwelling #168, family #171.
- 1930 census, Indianapolis, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-610, ED 349, page 2B, line #59, dwelling #8, family #8.
- Morgan County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, 1921-1941;
Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Union Township, Montgomery County, Indiana; roll T625-457, ED 175, page 7A, line #18, dwelling #161, family #161.
- Photo courtesy of Robert S. Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]