┌── Henry Hanshew
┌── James Henry Hanshew ──┤
│ 1850-1916 │
│ └── Sarah Ann Briggs
William Everett Hanshew ───┤
B: 1885 │ ┌── Jacob Good
D: 1971 │ │
└── Isabell Good ─────────┤
└── Elizabeth Aker
M: Sabina Fay Long
└── William Elmer Hanshew (1911-2000) 1,2,3,4,5
William Everett Hanshew [ID 16691]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
William Everett Hanshew6,7 [Everett William Hanshew2,5,7,8,9,10,11,12].
Born Sep 9 1885, Noble County, Indiana.2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
William was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16-18 1900), living with his parents and family, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana:6
Hanshew, William E., son, age 14, born Sept 1885 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: day laborer.
William was also shown in the 1900 census (Jun 28 1900), living in the household of sister Mary, Orange Township, Noble County, Indiana:8
Hanshew, Everett W, brother-in-law, age 14, born Sept 1885 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: farm laborer; employed 6 months; attended school 6 months.
William was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 19 1910), living with his parents and family, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana:9
Hanshew, Everett, son, age 24, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: day laborer, farm.
He married Sabina Fay Long5,7,10 [Savina F. Long1,4], Nov 5 19105,7,10, Goshen, Elkhart County, Indiana5,7,10. Sabina, daughter of George Washington Long, Jr. & Margaret Crawford, was born Apr 18 1888, Kosciusko County, Indiana.2,3,11,13,14 (Apr 18 1889).5
On Sep 12 1918 William Everett Hanshew, age 33, registered for the World War I draft at Goshen, Elkhart County, Indiana. He declared his residence as Ligonier, [Noble County] Indiana, and his occupation as self-employed farmer. His nearest relative was shown as Sabina Hanshew of Ligonier. He was recorded as short, thin, brown eyes, brown hair. He signed his registration as Everett Hanshew.7
Everett and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana:2
Hanshew, Evert, head-of-household, age 34, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hanshew, Sabina, wife, age 31, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio.
, son, age 9, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio [sic]; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Everett and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 29 1930), Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana:3
Hanshew, Everett, head-of-household, age 44, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 24; owned home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran.
Hanshew, Sabina F., wife, age 42, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 22.
Hanshew, Elmer W.
, son, age 19, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: chopper, veneer company.
In 1971 William was still living in/near Ligonier, Noble County, Indiana.11
William Everett Hanshew died Sep 19 1971, Ligonier, Elkhart County, Indiana; age 86.11,12
In 1987 Sabina was living in/near Topeka, Lagrange County, Indiana.11
Sabina died Nov 7 1987, Ligonier, Indina.5,11
Photo: William Everett Hanshew death certificate Elkhart County, Indiana
Social Security information for William Everett Hanshew: 309-38-9614
Social Security information for Sabina Fay Long: 308-50-2511
- Elkhart County, Indiana. Indiana Works Projects Administration. "Index to
Birth Records A-M. 1882-1920; Book H-7, page 190.
- 1920 census, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T625-431, ED 2, page 2B, dwelling #48, family #48.
- 1930 census, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T626-584, ED 3, page 6B, line #61, dwelling #150, family #159.
- William Elmer Hanshew birth certificate.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Nancy Crawford Spallinger ().
- 1900 census, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T623-369, ED 2, page 7A, line #34, dwelling #163, family #163.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Orange Township, Noble County, Indiana; roll T623-395, ED 88, page 16A, line #38, dwelling #394, family #401.
- 1910 census, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T624-347, ED 3, page 23A, line #22, dwelling #31, family #31.
- "Index to Marriage Record Elkhart County 1850-1920";
Indiana Works Projects Administration, 1940; Book 21, page 125.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Turkey Creek Township, Kosciusko County, Indiana; roll T623-382, ED 60, page 15B, line #99, dwelling #347, family #363.
- 1910 census, Benton Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T624-347, ED 2, page 16A, line #47, dwelling #13, family #13.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]