┌── Stephen Hinshaw
┌── William Henry Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1839-1909 │
│ └── Gulia Elma Maria Hoover
Sydney Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1874 │ ┌── William Barnett
D: 1963 │ │
No Issue └── Anna Maria Barnett ─────┤
└── Abigail George
Sydney Hinshaw [ID 01670]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Sydney Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Sidney Hinshaw6,7,8,9, Sidena Hinshaw10].
Born Nov 2 1874, Emporia, Kansas.1,2,4,6,8,9,10
Sydney's mother had a sister, Sidney Jane Barnett, for whom Sydney was most likely named.11
At Kansas City MM (Missouri) on 6-3-1906, Sydney Hinshaw was received by request.3,12
Sydney was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 30 1920), 5214 E. 28th, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri:4
Hinshaw, Sydney, head-of-household, age 45, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; single; owned home; stenographer.
Harvey, Anna C.Living next door in 1920 was her widowed mother.13
, niece, age 20, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Kansas; single; occupation: stenographer.
At Kansas City MM (Missouri) on 5-5-1924, Sydney Hinshaw was released by request.3,12
Sydney was again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), 5214 East 28th St., Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri:9
Hinshaw, Sidney, head-of-household, age 55, born in Kansas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Iowa; single; owned home ($4000 value); no radio in home; occupation: clerk, life ins.
Hinshaw [sic], Irene
, niece, age 19, born in Oklahoma; father born in Nebraska; mother born in Kansas; single; attended school.
Hinshaw [sic], Justus
, nephew, age 13, born in Oklahoma; father born in Nebraska; mother born in Kansas; single; attended school.
Motter, MillicentLiving next door in 1930 at 5210 East 28th St. was her widowed mother.14
, sister, age 42, born in Kansas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Iowa; married; first married at age 19.
Sydney Hinshaw died Feb 17 1963, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri.1,2 Unmarried.1
Social Security information for Sydney Hinshaw: 486-07-6937
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to Quaker Meeting Records" (Swathmore
College Index Card Collection); Missouri Quaker Meetings;
microfilm number 0002192 in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1920 census, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; roll T625-929, ED 232, page 8A, line #38, dwelling #183, family #189.
- Contribution from DoraLee Harvey Hatley citing: personal knowledge.
- "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
- Ray Maris database: http://www.maris.net/gen.
- 1900 census, Americus Township, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T623-487, ED 64, page 6B, line #85, dwelling #140, family #140.
- 1930 census, 14th Ward, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; roll T626-1201, ED 218, page 12A, line #13, dwelling #203, family #222.
- 1880 census, Emporia Township, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T9-0387, ED 110, page 293C, line #17, dwelling #96, family #98.
- Contribution from DoraLee Harvey Hatley.
- "Missouri Quaker Records"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; roll T625-929, ED 232, page 8A, line #40, dwelling #184, family #190.
- 1930 census, 14th Ward, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; roll T626-1201, ED 218, page 12A, line #17, dwelling #204, family #223.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]