M: James Marshall
Susan Henshaw [ID 17232]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born about 1853, Virginia.1
She married James Marshall, Nov 10 1870, Caroline County, Virginia.2,3
Children (all born in Virginia):
Ella Nora "Nora" Marshall, born Sep 30 1871; married Dec 26 1888, Robert Lee Whittaker, Jr.
Lucy Marshall, born c1874.
Ida Marshall, born c1876.
Eugene Marshall, born c1878.
Alice Marshall, born May 1880.
Susan and children (without James for some reason) were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 21 1880), Port Royal, Caroline County, Virginia:1
Marshal, Sue, age 27, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married; keeping house.
Marshal, Nora, daughter, age 9, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Marshal, Lucy, daughter, age 6, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Marshal, Ida, daughter, age 4, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Marshal, Eugene, son, age 2, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Marshal, Alice, daughter, age 2 [?unclear] months, born May  in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
Living three houses away in 1880 was a Frank Marshal, age 22, single5 (relationship unknown); five more houses away was the family of a Luther Marshal, age 23, married6 (relationship unknown).
Susan's marriage record noted that her mother was a Betsy Henshaw (no father listed).3
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1880 census, Port Royal, Caroline County, Virginia; roll T9-1359, ED 24, page 424C, line #15, dwelling #327, family #331.
- Posting Jan 25 2006 by Debra Miller () to the Caroline County, Virginia message board:
- Contribution from Debra Miller (), citing:
marriage record of Susan Henshaw & James Marshall; Caroline County, Virginia courthouse.
- Posting Jan 29 2006 by Debra Miller () to the Caroline County, Virginia message board:
- 1880 census, Port Royal, Caroline County, Virginia; roll T9-1359, ED 24, page 424C, line #28, dwelling #330, family #334.
- 1880 census, Port Royal, Caroline County, Virginia; roll T9-1359, ED 24, page 424C, line #48, dwelling #335, family #339.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]