┌── Samuel Marion Hinshaw
┌── Charles Marion Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1877-1974 │
│ └── Rhoda Elizabeth (Griffith) Doss
Walter Wray Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1917 │
D: 1983 │
└── Barbara Allen Wray
M: Marian Elsie Payne
Walter Wray Hinshaw [ID 17412]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov 12 1917, Rocky Mount, Franklin County, Virginia.1,2,3,4,5
Walter was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 30 1940), working in the household of Thomas E. + Verna M. Flora in Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio:3
Hinshaw, Walter, hired hand, age 22, born in Virginia; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Franklin County, Virginia; single; occupation: farm hand, farm; worked 28 weeks in 1939; $168 wages in 1939.
He married Marian Elsie Payne, Jun 7 1947, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.4 Marian, daughter of Raymond Walter Payne & Florence M. MacBride, was born about 1922, Halfway, Michigan.4
Walter and family were shown in the 1960 city directory of Dayton, Ohio:6
Hinshaw Walter W (Marian) mtcemn DPDiv h3120 Mesmer av
Walter Wray Hinshaw died Aug 26 1983, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio; age 65.5,7
Social Security information for Walter Wray Hinshaw: 302-07-0686
- 1920 census, Little Creek District, Franklin County, Virginia; roll T625-1889, ED 54, page 1A, line #8, dwelling #2, family #2.
- 1930 census, Little Creek District, Franklin County, Virginia; roll T626-2443, ED 10, page 13A, line #33, dwelling #218, family #224.
- 1940 census, Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio; roll T627-3038, ED 12-3, page 13B, line #72, household #141.
- Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867-1952; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ohio Deaths, 1958-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]