┌── Joseph M. Henshaw
┌── Myron C. Henshaw ──┤
│ 1835-1890 │
│ └── Polly Wheeler
Edgar Willis Henshaw ───┤
B: 1869 │
D: 1955 │
└── Maria H. Palmer
M: Lillie -
└── Raymond W. Henshaw (1892-1969) 1
M: Mary C. Staner
Edgar Willis Henshaw [ID 17560]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Edgar Willis Henshaw2,3,4,5,6 [Edward W. Henshaw5, Willis E. Hanshaw7].
Born Mar 23 18692,3,6,7,8 [Apr - 18691, about 18629], Indiana2,3,6,7,8 [Michigan1].
He married Lillie -, Oct - 1890.10
Edgar and Lillie were divorced about 1896. The following article was published in a St. Louis, Missouri newspaper dated Dec 21 1895:10
Lillie Henshaw has sued for a divorce from Edgar on grounds of desertion. They were married in October, 1890, and lived together until April 1894. She wants the custody of their 3-year-old child.
He then married Mary C. Staner4,5 [Mary C. Austin3], Mar 23 18984,5, Elkhart County, Indiana4,5. Mary was born Mar 13 18613,9 [Mar - 18631,8], Illinois3,9. Mary had apparently been previously married and had four children.1
Edgar and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 9 1900), Elkhart, Elkhart County, Indiana:1
Henshaw, Edgar, head-of-household, age 31, born Apr 1869 in Michigan; father born in Michigan; mother born in New York; married 2 years; [..occupation unclear..]; rented home.
Henshaw, Mary, wife, age 38, born Mar 1863 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; married 2 years; 4 children, 4 living.
, son, age 8, born Apr 1892 in Missouri; father born in Michigan; mother born in Missouri; attended school 9 months.
Edgar and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), 105 West Brady Street, Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma:8
Henshaw, E.W., head-of-household, age 50, born in Indiana; parents born in New York; rented home; occupation: manager, city community hall.
Henshaw, Mary C., wife, age 56, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Smith, Alice, granddaughter, age 12, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; attended school.
Smith, Alta, granddaughter, age 12, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; attended school.
Edgar and Mary were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 7 1930), 230 E. Reese St., Burbank, Los Angeles County, California:9
Henshaw, Edgar W., head-of-household, age 68, born in Indiana; parents born in New York; first married at age 29; owned home ($3000 value); radio in home; occupation: printer, [..unclear..] office; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Mary C., wife, age 69, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 30.
Mary died Jan 21 1947, Los Angeles County, California.3
Edgar Willis Henshaw died Nov 25 1955, Los Angeles County, California.2,3
Social Security information for Edgar Willis Henshaw: 569-12-8830
- 1900 census, Elkhart, Concord Township, Elkhart County, Indiana; roll T623-369, ED 13, page 8A, line #1, dwelling #159, family #170.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Elkhart County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Volume IV,
1850-1920; Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1940; Book 11, page 172.
- Indiana Marriage Records Index 1845-1920; Ancestry.com; book 11 pg 172.
- 1880 census, Village of Allegan, Allegan County, Michigan; roll T9-569, ED 16, page 292A, line #40, dwelling #120, family #123.
- 1870 census, Bourbon P.O., Bourbon Corporation, Marshall County, Indiana; roll M593-342, page 32, line #1, dwelling #130, family #130.
- 1920 census, Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1486, ED 205, page 4A, line #26, dwelling #56, family #81.
- 1930 census, Burbank, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-125, ED 855, page 7B, line #80, dwelling #184, family #186.
- St. Louis, Missouri newspaper dated Dec 21 1895; contributed by Julie Dauer ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:16:02 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]