┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Aaron Hinshaw ──────┤
│ 1789-1840 │
│ └── Rebecca Marshill
Milo Hinshaw ──────────┤
B: c1812 │
D: ? │
└── Margary Underwood
M: Elizabeth J. Cosbey
Milo Hinshaw [ID 01762]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Milo Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Malo Hinshaw5].
Born about 1812, North Carolina.2,6,7
On May 30 1850 the heirs of a William Underwood signed a power of attorney in Randolph County, North Carolina, appointing John Patterson to sell some or all of the land of William Underwood, deceased, to Milo Hinshaw of Randolph County.8
Milo was shown in the 1850 census (Nov 27 1850), living with his widowed mother in Randolph County, North Carolina:6
Milo Hinshaw, age 38, born in North Carolina; farmer; $200 real estate.
, age 61, born in North Carolina; $200 real estate; cannot read or write.
Milo was shown in the 1860 census (Aug 13 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:7
Milo Hinshaw, age 48, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate; $545 personal property.
He married Elizabeth J. Cosbey3,9,10 [Elizabeth J. Causby11, Jane Causby4,5], Mar 12 18673,9,10, Randolph County, North Carolina3,9,10. Elizabeth was born about 1832, North Carolina.2
A marriage bond was recorded for Milo Henshaw & Elizabeth J. Cosbey on March 10, 1867, Randolph County, North Carolina. They were married two days later by P. P. Freemen, J.P.9,10 Bondsman: Riley W Jones. Witness: J M Jordan, Justice of the Peace.10
Milo and Elizabeth were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 16 1870), Randolph County, North Carolina:2
Hinshaw, Milo, age 58, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate; $285 personal property.
Hinshaw, Elizabeth J., age 38, born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of Milo's aunt Sylvina.12
Milo and Elizabeth seem to have been doubly-enumerated - they were shown again in the 1870 census (Sep 30 1870), Randolph County, North Carolina:13
Hinshaw, M., age 58, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate; $300 personal property.
Hinshaw, Elizabeth, age 38, born in North Carolina; keeping house.
- 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1127.
- 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #33, dwelling #33, family #31.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 240B, line #12, dwelling #1127, family #1127.
- 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 282, line #11, dwelling #808, family #808.
- Posting May 23 2004 by Dot Davie () to UNDERWOOD-L.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- North Carolina Marriage Bonds, 1741-1868. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- North Carolina, Marriage Collection, 1741-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #35, dwelling #34, family #32.
- 1870 census, Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 394B, line #18, dwelling #215, family #198.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]