┌── Frederick William Hanshew
┌── Henry Hanshew ────────┤
│ c1785-1862 │
│ └── Mary Catherine Whitehair
Mary Margaret Hanshew ───┤
B: 1827 │ ┌── John Stover
D: 1896 │ │
└── Catherine S. Stover ──┤
└── Margaret Hauer
M: John Thomas Quynn
Mary Margaret Hanshew [ID 17693]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 9 1827, Frederick County, Maryland.1,2,3,4
She married John Thomas Quynn, Nov 23 1846, Frederick, Maryland.1,5,6 John was born Sep 27 1816, Annapolis, Maryland.1,4 (c1819).2,3
Emily Caroline Quynn, born c1849, Frederick, Maryland.
Henry/Harry Hanshew Quynn, born c1851, Maryland.
Mary Hanshew Quynn, born c1854, Maryland.
Charles William Quynn, born c1857, Maryland.
Lizzie Slack Quynn, born c1867, Maryland.
John Woodside Quynn.
John Thomas Quynn.
Kittie Stover Quynn.
Mary and family were shown in the 1850 census (Jul 12 1850), Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland:3
John T. Quynn, age 31, born in Maryland; clerk.
Mary M. Quynn, age 22, born in Maryland.
Emly C. Quynn, age 1, born in Maryland.
Julian Miller, age 18, born in Maryland.
Louisa Miller, age 21, born in Maryland.
John T. Quynn household:
1 mulatto male, age 8.
The "Improvement Land and Building Association" was chartered in Frederick County, Maryland on May 15 1868. Its first officers included John T. Quynn, Treasurer; John T. Quynn, Director. The officers for 1881 included John T. Quynn, Director. John T. Quynn also served as a director of the "Frederick County National Bank".9
Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 8 1870), Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland:4
Quynn, John T., age 53, born in Maryland; R.R. ticket agent; $12,000 real estate; $10,000 personal property.
Quynn, Mary M., age 42, born in Maryland; keeping house.
Quynn, Emily, age 20, born in Maryland.
Quynn, Harry, age 18, born in Maryland.
Quynn, Mary, age 16, born in Maryland.
Quynn, Charles, age 13, born in Maryland.
Quynn, Lizzie, age 3, born in Maryland.
John died Sep 28 1889, Frederick, Maryland.1
Mary Margaret Hanshew died Sep 18 1896, Frederick, Maryland.1
- Contribution from Allan Quynn ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Casteel-Six Family ().
- 1850 census, Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland; roll M432-292, page 22, line #17, dwelling #333, family #373.
- 1870 census, 3rd Ward, Frederick, Frederick County, Maryland; roll M593-586, page 70, line #31, dwelling #79, family #85.
- Maryland Marriages, 1655-1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Maryland Marriages, 1667-1899; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, New Market District, Frederick County, Maryland; roll T9-510, ED 81, page 329B, line #10, dwelling #231, family #232.
- 1850 Slave Schedule, Fredericktown, Frederick County, Maryland; line #12.
- "History of Western Maryland Including Biographical Sketches", 1968. Vol. 1; "Western Maryland History", http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]