┌── Thomas Handshoe
┌── George Peter Henshaw ──┤
│ 1877-? │
│ └── Alice -
Edith S. Henshaw ──────┤
B: 1908 │
D: 2002 │
└── Lizzie -
M: Russell L. Kressler
Edith S. Henshaw [ID 17703]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 20 1908, New Jersey.1,2,3,4
She married Russell L. Kressler, about 1926.3,5 Russell, son of Ralph Kressler & Lavina Isabella Laubach, was born Mar 1 1903, Finesville, New Jersey.3,4,5,6
George R. Kressler, born Feb 26 1933, Phillipsburg, New Jersey; died May 17 2010; married Marian Metz (child: George R. Kressler, Jr.).
Edith and Russell were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), living with her parents at 384 Prospect Street, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey:3
Henshaw, George P.
, head-of-household, age 52, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 20; owned home ($7000 value); radio in home; occupation: salesman, grocery store; not a war veteran.
, wife, age 48, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 16.
Kressler, Russel L., son-in-law, age 27, born in New Jersey; father born in New Jersey; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 23; occupation: crain [sic] operator, steel plant; not a war veteran.
Kressler, Edith S., daughter, age 22, born in New Jersey; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 17.
Living two houses away in 1930 was the family of uncle Ira Henshaw.9
Edith and Russell apparently divorced.7 Russell remarried to Edith A. Kindt.5
In 1981 Russell was living on William Penn Highway, Palmer Township, Pennsylvania.7 Russell died Jan 11 1981, Easton, Northampton County, Pennsylvania; buried Northampton Memorial Shrine.4,5,7 Russell's obituary was published in "The Express" (Easton, Pennsylvania) on January 12, 1981.5
In 1994-1999 Edith was living in her parents' old home at 384 Prospect St., Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey.10 In 2002 Edith was living in/near Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey.4
Edith S. Henshaw died Apr 18 2002.4
Social Security information for Edith S. Henshaw: 157-18-9320
Social Security information for Russell L. Kressler: 144-03-8693
- 1910 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T624-912, ED 148, page 182A, line #50, dwelling #140, family #141.
- 1920 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T625-1073, ED 176, page 10B, line #83, dwelling #203, family #217.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T626-1391, ED 31, page 12B, line #57, dwelling #253, family #267.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Dale E. Berger ().
- 1920 census, Wilson Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1610, ED 81, page 8A, line #48, dwelling #168, family #173.
- Contribution from Sharon (Kressler) Neville.
- Obituary of George R. Kressler Sr.; "The Express Times", May 20 2010:
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T626-1391, ED 31, page 12B, line #51, dwelling #251, family #265.
- U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]