┌── Rev. William Lawrence Hinshaw
┌── David Zimri Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1872-1952 │
│ └── Ruth Peacock
William Urvin Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Rev. Charles Urvin McKee
D: 1982 │ │
└── Lulu Etta McKee ──────┤
└── Jemima Jane Musgrave
M: LaVeta Aleen Marling
├── David Wesley Hinshaw (1926-2007) 1,2,3,4
├── Florence Luetta "Lu" Hinshaw (1930-1980) 3,4,5
└── William Urvin Hinshaw Jr. (1931-) 3,4
William Urvin Hinshaw [ID 01843]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 11 1898, Woods County, Oklahoma Territory.1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
On Sep 12 1918 William Urvin Hinshaw, age 20, registered for the World War I draft in Tulia, Swisher County, Texas. He declared he was born Aug 11 1898, and was then residing in Kress, Swisher County, Texas where he was employed by D.Z. Hinshaw of Kress. He declared his nearest relative was D.Z. Hinshaw of Yuma, Arizona. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, dark brown eyes.10
William was shown in the 1920 census (Mar 5 1920), living as a boarder in Kriss Village, Swisher County, Texas:11
Overley, Katherine, head-of-household, age 55, born in Iowa; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in France; widow; occupation: none.
Overley, Howard, son, age 24, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; occupation: agent, real estate.
Overley, Ruth, daughter, age 20, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; occupation: teacher, [..unclear..] school.
Hinshaw, Ervin, boarder, age 21, born in Ohio [sic]; parents born in Ohio [sic]; single; occupation: laborer, farm.
He married LaVeta Aleen Marling, Oct 5 1925, Cypress, Orange County, California.1,3 LaVeta, daughter of John W. + Florence Marling, was born May 21 1903, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas.1,2,3,5,6,7,12
William and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10 1930), 212 West 97th Street, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:2
Hinshaw, William, head-of-household, age 31, born in Oklahoma; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; first married at age 27; rented home ($22.50 rent); radio in home; occupation: mechanic, battery shop; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, LaWita, wife, age 26, born in Kansas; parents born in Kansas; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, D. Weslie
, son, age 3 years 6 months, born in California; father born in Oklahoma; mother born in Kansas.
In 1982 William was living in Calimesa, Riverside County, California.6
William Urvin Hinshaw died May 7 1982, Redlands, San Bernadino County, California; buried Desert Lawn, Calimesa, Riverside County, California.1,5,6,7
LaVeta died Jun 27 1992, Calimesa, Riverside County, California.3,5,6,7
Photo: William Urvin Hinshaw with parents and sisters
Photo: William Urvin Hinshaw World War I draft registration card
Social Security information for William Urvin Hinshaw: 567-44-6960
Social Security information for LaVeta Aleen Marling: 559-40-4815
- Family Group sheets gathered at the 1992 Hinshaw reunion, submitted
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-154, ED 572, page 18A.
- Family group sheets contributed by William Urvin Hinshaw Jr.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1900 census, Center Township, Mitchell County, Kansas; roll T623-491, ED 81, page 4A, line #35, dwelling #72, family #72.
- 1910 census, Justice Precinct 7, Swisher County, Texas; roll T624-1592, ED 213, page 49B, line #51, dwelling #79, family #79.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Precinct 7, Kriss Village, Swisher County, Texas; roll T625-1847, ED 235, page 13A, line #21, dwelling #241, family #246.
- 1920 census, Justice Precinct 4, Wharton County, Texas; roll T625-1856, ED 167, page 7A, line #10, dwelling #125, family #125.
- Photo courtesy of William Urvin Hinshaw Jr..
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]