┌── Rev. William Lawrence Hinshaw
┌── David Zimri Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1872-1952 │
│ └── Ruth Peacock
Thomas Paul Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1914 │ ┌── Rev. Charles Urvin McKee
D: 2005 │ │
└── Lulu Etta McKee ──────┤
└── Jemima Jane Musgrave
M: Grace Neron Griggs
└── Fredes Rae Hinshaw (1948-) 1,2
Thomas Paul Hinshaw [ID 01857]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Thomas Paul Hinshaw3,4 [Paul Hinshaw5,6,7,8].
Born Apr 17 1914, Kress, Swisher County, Texas.3,4,7,8,9,10,11,12,13
Paul and his brother were shown in the 1939 city directory of El Centro, Imperial County, California:14
Hinshaw Bros (A J
and T P Hinshaw) gas sta 240 W 5th Holtville
Hinshaw T Paul (Hinshaw Bros)
He married Grace Neron Griggs, Jun - 1939.3,4 Grace, daughter of John Bruce Griggs & Ethel Mae Foster, was born Jul 28 1916, Alvarado, Johnson County, Texas.8,9,11,15,16
Paul and Grace were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 24 1940), 557 Figueroa, Holtville, Imperial County, California:8
Hinshaw, Paul, head-of-household, age 26, born in Texas; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; owned home ($2600 value); occupation: service station owner & operator, retail gasoline & oil..
Hinshaw, Grace, wife, age 23, born in Texas; completed 1 year of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; occupation: telephone operator, telephone system; worked 22 weeks in 1939; $1128 wages in 1939.
Paul and his brother were shown in the 1940-1944 votor registration list of Holtville Precinct No. 3, Imperial County, California:17
Hinshaw, T. Paul, Bx 746, Holtville; Tele. Emp.; Democrat.
Grace was shown in the 1940-1944 votor registration list of El Centro Precinct No. 3, Imperial County, California:17
Hinshaw, Grace, 1073 Olive, El Centro; Tel. Oper.; Republican.
Paul and family were shown in the 1942 city directory of El Centro, Imperial County, California:14
HINSHAW BROS (A J Hinshaw
, Buster Knight and T M Clark) Texaco Service and Studebaker Dealers, Dependable Work Done by Company Trained Men, E 5th and Cedar av, Tel 267, and W 5th and Orange, Tel 85, Holtville
Hinshaw T Paul (Grace) reprmn SCTCo h412 S 8th El Centro
Paul was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving (1945) on the USS Antietam (CV-36) and the USS Lake Champlain (CV-39),18 both Essex-class aircraft carriers.19,20 [by coincidence Paul served on the USS Lake Champlain with distant cousin Warren Lamar Henshaw].18
Paul and Grace were shown in the 1948 city directory of San Diego, San Diego County, California:14
Hinshaw T Paul (Grace) h3333 Euclid av
Paul and Grace were shown in the 1949 city directory of Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County, California:14
Hinshaw Paul T (Grace N) h389 E Maude av
Paul and Grace were shown in the 1950 city directory of Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County, California:14
Hinshaw Paul T (Grace N) h389 E Maude av
In 1995-2005 Paul was living in/near Vista, San Diego County, California.11,13,21
Thomas Paul Hinshaw died Oct 10 2005.1,13 Paul died nine days after falling from a ladder while trimming a tree.1
Grace died May 29 2013.1
Photo: Thomas Paul Hinshaw birth certificate Swisher County, Texas
Photo: Grace Neron Griggs corrected birth certificate Johnson County, Texas
- Contribution from Fredes Rae Hinshaw.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Family Group sheets gathered at the 1992 Hinshaw reunion, submitted
- Family group sheets contributed by William Urvin Hinshaw Jr.
- Obituary of Alvadore John Hinshaw:
"The San Diego Union-Tribune", June 24, 1990, pg A-23;
(UMI Obituaries 1990-1997. Orem, UT: Ancestry Incorporated, 1998).
- 1920 census, Rood Precinct, Yuma County, Arizona; roll T625-51, ED 71, page 4B, line #73, dwelling #74, family #78.
- 1930 census, Crane Precinct, Yuma County, Arizona; roll T626-63, ED 6, page 6A, line #23, dwelling #113, family #114.
- 1940 census, Holtville, Imperial County, California; roll T627-210, ED 13-42. page 21A, line #30, household #455.
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1932; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Rood, Yuma County, Arizona; roll T625-51, ED 71, page 4B, line #73, dwelling #74, family #78.
- U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 877 Fern Street, Holtville, Imperial County, California; roll T626-119, ED 35. page 3A, line #23, dwelling #51, family #51.
- U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California, Voter Registrations, 1900-1968; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. World War II Navy Muster Rolls, 1938-1949; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]