┌── Isaac Gaston Hinshaw
┌── Cicero U. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1871-1932 │
│ └── Miranda Jane Pearce
Emma Viola Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Jeremiah Staley
D: 1942 │ │
└── Mary Jane Stanley ──┤
└── Sarah Coble
M: Mortimer Vance Lowder
Emma Viola Hinshaw [ID 02080]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born May 2 1898, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5
She married Mortimer Vance Lowder, Oct 18 1922, Cary, North Carolina.1,5 Mortimer, son of Mumpford/Munphord Jones Lowder & Hazel/Tine Poplin, was born Aug 19 1895, Norwood, Stanly County, North Carolina.6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Children (both born in North Carolina):1,13
Mary Evelyn Lowder, born 1925; married Harold Love (son: Dean Love).
Hilda Gaye Lowder, born 1928; died Oct 23 2010; married Donald Archibald Pearce Hitch, 1952 (children: Teresa Gaye Hitch, 1954 [email: ]; Douglas Adrian Hitch, 1955 [married and divorced Els Dykstra, child Sara Josephine Hitch]; James Arthur Hitch, 1957).
On Jun 5 1917 Mortimer Vance Lowder, age 21, had registered for the World War I draft in Stanly County, North Carolina. He declared he was born August 19, 1895 in Norwood, North Carolina, and he was then still residing in Norwood where he was single with a dependent mother. He was recorded as tall, medium build, gray eyes, brown hair.7
Emma and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), Albemarle & Norwood Highway, Center Township, Stanly County, North Carolina:13
Lawder, M.V., head-of-household, age 34, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 26; owned home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, farm; not a war veteran.
Lawder, Emma H., wife, age 30, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 22.
Lawder, Mary E., daughter, age 4 years 9 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Lawder, Hilda G., daughter, age 2 years 1 month, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Emma Viola Hinshaw died Feb 4 1942, Albemarle, Stanly County, North Carolina; buried Feb 6 1942, Norwood Cemetery, Norwood, Stanly County, North Carolina.5
Mortimer remarried to Gladys Arbe.9
Mortimer died Nov 4 19738,9,10 [Nov 3 197312], Stanly County Hospital, Albemarle, Stanly County, North Carolina8,9,10; age 788,9,10.
Photo: Mortimer Vance Lowder death certificate Stanly County, North Carolina
Social Security information for Mortimer Vance Lowder: 237-26-2486
- Contribution from Teresa Gaye Hitch.
- 1900 census, Clay Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T623-1198, ED 45, page 9B, line #63, dwelling #184, family #184.
- 1910 census, Clay Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T624-1114, ED 93, page 27B, line #73, dwelling #103, family #103.
- 1920 census, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina; roll T625-1326, ED 130, page 3A-B, line #49, dwelling #45, family #66.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "J Lowder Fam Tree" posted by "JLowder142".
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Center Township, Stanly County, North Carolina; roll T623-1218, ED 124, page 21B, line #54, dwelling #352, family #359.
- 1930 census, Center Township, Stanly County, North Carolina; roll T626-1721, ED 6, page 2A, line #30, dwelling #26, family #28.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 10:57:05 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]