┌── William Henshawe
┌── Joshua Henshawe ───┤
│ 1643-1717 │
│ └── Katherine Houghton
Thankful Henshaw ───┤
B: 1677 │
D: <1716 │
└── Elizabeth Sumner
M: Nathaniel Leman
Thankful Henshaw [ID 00210]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 4 1677.1,2,3,4
She married Nathaniel Leman, Jan 27 1699, Dorchester, Massachusetts.3,4,5 (Jan 27 1699/1700).6,7 Married by Rev. Mr. John Danforth.6,7,8,9
Nathaniel, son of Samuel Leman & Mary Longley, was born Oct 27 1677, Charlestown, Massachusetts.5 Nathaniel was from Boston.4
Elizabeth Leman, born Nov 24 1704 in Boston, married - Johnson.
Nathaniel Leman, born 1713, died soon after birth.
Thankful Henshaw died before 1716.5
After Thankful died, Nathaniel remarried Jan 5 1716 to Mary Hutchinson.5
- An article appearing in the magazine "Hobbies", February 1967, titled
"At the Sign of the Crest - Henshaw Coat-of-Arms", by Hazel Karft Eilers
copy supplied by Fontella Hinshaw.
- "Genealogical Dictionary of First Settlers of New England", volume 2
James Savage, Genealogical Publishing Company, 1965.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- The "New England Historical and Genealogical Register", vol 22, 1868,
The New England Historical and Genealogical Society. This issue includes
a complete copy of the recorded pedigree of Joshua Henshaw.
- "A Genealogical History of the Clark and Worth Familes", by Carol Clark Johnson;
privately printed, 1970; LOC 78-140140.
- Boston, Massachusetts Marriages, 1700-1809; Ancestry.com.
- Dorchester, Massachusetts marriages; "Ray's Place" New England history:
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Clemens, William Montgomery. "American Marriage Records before 1699";
Pompton Lakes, NJ: Biblio Co., 1926.
- Contribution from Ed Arntzen () citing:
Will of John Henshaw recorded in Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]