George Washington Henshaw, Jr.
┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── George Washington Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1822-1907 │
│ └── Elizabeth -
George Washington Henshaw, Jr. ───┤
B: 1856 │ ┌── James W. Robertson, Sr.
D: 1893 │ │
└── Elizabeth Jane Robertson ───┤
└── Mary -
M: Atlanta Turpin
├── John Henry Hinshaw (1879-1947) 1,2,3
└── Arkie Frances Henshaw (1885-1974) 3,4
George Washington Henshaw, Jr. [ID 02141]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 10 1856, Estillfork, Jackson County, Alabama.1,5,6
He married Atlanta Turpin1,7 [Allanta Turpin8, Francis Turpin1], Nov 4 18751,7, Jackson County, Alabama1,7. Atlanta was born May - 1856, Tennessee.1,3,9
George and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), Jackson County, Alabama:9,10
Hinshaw, Geo. W. Jr., age 29 [or 22 - unclear], born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee; farmer.
Hinshaw, Atlanta, wife, age 24, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Hinshaw, John HenryVery nearby in 1880 was the household of George's parents and siblings.11
, son, age 11 months, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee.
George Washington Henshaw, Jr. died Oct 19 1893, Jackson County, Alabama; buried Old Bostick Hill Cemetery, Jackson County, Alabama.1,5
Atlanta remarried to William M. Nickles/Nichols, Dec 11 1897, Jackson County, Alabama.3,12
Atlanta and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16 1900), Garth Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:3
Nickles, William, head-of-household, age 46, born May 1864 [sic] in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married 2 years; [..occupation unclear..]; owned home (free).
Nickles, Atlanta, wife, age 44, born May 1856 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 2 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Nickles, John H
, son, age 20, born June 1879 in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Tennessee; married; occupation: teamster.
Nickles, Arka H
, daughter, age 15, born Apr 1875 [sic] in Kentucky; father born in Kentucky [unclear]; mother born in Tennessee; single; attended school 5 months.
Nickles, Ervin, son, age 9, born Oct 1890 in Alabama; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Tennessee; single; attended school 5 months.
Nickles, Nettie A, daughter, age 3, born Oct 1897 in Alabama; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Tennessee; single.
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- Contribution from Dan Hinshaw citing:
1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama.
- 1900 census, Garth Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T623-20, ED 35, page 12A, line #45, dwelling #208, family #209.
- Contribution from Darla Knight Landers ().
- "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers", a directory of Alabama cemeteries
by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Rochelle, and Addie Shaver,
F332 P34446 1986, in the Tennessee State Library and Archives;
Also 976.195 V3hk in the LDS Family History Library (not on microfilm).
Contributed by Robert Worley.
- 1860 census, Paint Rock P.O., Division 4, Jackson County, Alabama; roll M653-11, page 308, line #31, dwelling #284, family #284.
- "Marriages of Jackson County Alabama 1871-1876 and 1876-1881" (USGenWeb archives).
- Dodd, Jordan R. "Early American Marriages: Alabama, 1800 to 1920". Orem, UT: Ancestry, Inc., 1999.
- 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama; Beat 18, ED 102, page 6B/67B, line #11, dwelling #46, family #48.
- Contribution from Dan Hinshaw citing: 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama.
- 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama; Beat 18, ED 102, page 6B/67B, line #17, dwelling #48, family #50.
- Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]