+-- Benjamin Hinshaw | 1738-1840 +-- Jacob A. Hinshaw --+ | 1778-1826 | | +-- Elisabeth Hinshaw | 1750-1823 Silas Hinshaw ---+ B: 1806 | +-- John Allen D: 1828 | | +-- Abigail Allen -----+ ?-1806 | +-- Rachel Stout M: Elizabeth Cox +-- Abigail Carolyn Hinshaw, 1828-1899
|Silas Hinshaw     [ID 00243]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 7-1-1806, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2
He married Elizabeth Cox, 12-20-1827, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,44,95,140    (Elisabeth Cox)2    Elizabeth, daughter of Charles Cox & Amy (Amey) Barker, was born 3-8-1803, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,95
Silas Hinshaw died 5-20-1828, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2
After Silas' death, on 12-27-1832 Elizabeth remarried to Amos Comer, son of William & Nancy Comer (b 2-28-1807).    Note also that Amos Comer & Elizabeth named their first son Silas.2,95
This family was shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:a
At West Union MM (Indiana) on 6-14-1852, Amos Comer & wife Elizabeth and children Silas, Nancy, & Aaron, and step-daughter Abigail C. Hinshaw, were received on a certificate from Holly Spring MM, N.C.53
At West Union MM on 1-10-1853, Amos Comer & wife Elizabeth and children Silas, Nancy, & Aaron, and step-daughter Abigail C. Hinshaw, were granted a certificate to Mississinewa MM.53
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
53. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
140. Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
(a) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 132, dwelling #761, family #770.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]