+-- Benjamin Hinshaw | 1738-1840 +-- Jacob A. Hinshaw --+ | 1778-1826 | | +-- Elisabeth Hinshaw | 1750-1823 Rachel Hinshaw ---+ B: 1820 | +-- John Allen D: 1874 | | +-- Phebe Allen -------+ 1789-1869 | +-- Rachel Stout M: Tilnias Hodgin
|Rachel Hinshaw     [ID 00249]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 11-18-1820, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,47,49,191,a
She married Tilnias Hodgin, 3-25-1841, Lynn MH, Cherry Grove MM, Indiana.47,49,155,191    (Nathan Tilnias Hodgin)190    (Nathan Tilman Hobson)144    Tilnias, son of Joseph Hodgin & Ruth Dix, was born Jun 12 1817.49,140,b,a,205
Note Rachel's brother Solomon married Tilnias's sister Rachel Hodgin.
Rachel and family were shown in the 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:c
Rachel Hinshaw died Jun 13 1874, Earlham, Richmond County, Indiana.140,191,205,a
After Rachel died, Tilnias remarried to his sister-in-law, Amy (North) Hinshaw, widow of Rachel's brother Solomon.205
Tilnias and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 17 1880), Wayne Township, Wayne County, Indiana:f
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
49. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
140. Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
144. The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw, contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
155. "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division: http://www.in.gov/library/genealogy.htm
190. "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Julie Anne Ward () database:
(b) "Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans",
Johnson, Rossiter, ed.; The Biographical Society, 1904.
(c) 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; page 719, line #1, dwelling #184, household #178.
(d) 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; page 719, line #14, dwelling #186, household #180.
(e) 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; page 719, line #32, dwelling #188, household #182.
(f) 1880 census, Wayne Township, Wayne County, Indiana; roll T9-0322, ED 68, page 236C, line #2, dwelling #198, family #205.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]