┌── Meridith Henshaw
Seany Elizabeth Henshaw ───┤
B: c1836 │
D: ? │
└── Margaret Etheridge
M: Noah Diffey
Seany Elizabeth Henshaw [ID 02491]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Seany Elizabeth Henshaw1,2,3,4 [Seaney Elizabeth Henshaw5,6, Jeany Elizabeth Henshaw7, Elizabeth Henshaw8].
Born about 1836, Tennessee.5,8,9
She married Noah Diffey1,3,4,7 [Noah Diffey1, Noah Diffee3,7], Nov 2 18541,3,4,7 [Oct 31 18542,10], DeSoto County, Mississippi1,3,4,7. [Oct 31 1854 is possibly the marriage license date].11 Noah, son of John Diffee, Jr. & Tabitha Brower, was born 1831, Henderson County, Tennessee.3,4,7,8
Note that Seany's niece Lucy Jane Henshaw later married Noah's nephew, Robert Diffey (son of his elder brother).12
Amanda Diffee, born 1856; married Benjamine F. Pence, Mar 24 1880.
John Thomas Diffee, born Mar 16 1858; died Jan 11 1911; married Martha Louise Goode.
William Henry Diffee, born Jan 8 1862; died Aug 11 1923; married 1) Martha Jane Black, 2) Cora Forrest.
Margaret Tabitha Diffee, born Oct 4 1863; died Nov 10 1946; married James Napoleon Grayson.
Mollie Catherine Diffee, born 1866; died 1926; married Alexander France.
Sarah Jane Diffee, born 1868; married John Sellars.
James M. Diffee, born 1871; died 1907; unmarried.
Ida Belle Diffee, born Jan 29 1874; died Sep 21 1912; married Wallace Wise Garrett.
Avon Lee Diffee, born Sep 11 1876; died Oct 12 1949; married Cordelia Catherine Brown.
Seany and family were shown in the 1860 census, Senatobia, DeSoto (now Tate) County, Mississippi:8
Noah Diffee, age 29, born in Tennessee; farmer.
Elizabeth Diffee, age 24, born in Tennessee.
A.A. Diffee, age 4, born in Mississippi.
J.T. Diffee, age 2, born in Mississippi.
Living next door in 1860 were Seany's parents and family.14
Seany and family were shown in the 1880 census, Tate County, Mississippi:15
Diffee, Noah, age 49, born in Tennessee; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Diffee, S.E., wife, age 45, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; keeping house.
Diffee, M.L., daughter, age 17, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
Diffee, M.C., daughter, age 14, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
Diffee, S.J., daughter, age 11, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
Diffee, J.M., son, age 9, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
Diffee, Ida, daughter, age 7, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
Diffee, A.L., son, age 4, born in Mississippi; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama.
, father-in-law, age 64, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; widower.
Seany apparently died before 1892 as Noah remarried Feb 18 1892 to S.M. Willsmith.7
Noah died Nov 2 1898.3,4,7
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Mississippi.
- Contribution from Steve Morgan ().
- Rhnea Burcham database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/b/u/r/Rhnea-Burcham.
- FTM World Family Tree CD#21, Tree#576.
- Contribution from Steve Morgan () citing:
Letter from the Tate County, Mississippi genealogical society.
- Contribution from Barbara Peddicord () citing:
1850 census, DeSoto County, Mississippi; page 331B.
- Melissa Banks database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/b/a/n/Melissa-Banks/index.html.
- 1860 census, Senatobia P.O., DeSoto County, Mississippi; roll M653-581, page 55, line #33, dwelling #419, family #419.
- 1850 census, Southern Division, DeSoto County, Mississippi; roll 371, page 331, dwelling #252.
- Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "ABC Hall Family Tree" posted by "mysweetnostalgia".
- 1880 LDS census index, Beat 1, Tate County, Mississippi; roll T9-0665, page 198A.
- 1860 census, Senatobia P.O., DeSoto County, Mississippi; roll M653-581, page 55, line #30, dwelling #418, family #418.
- 1880 census, Beat 1 (1st District), Tate County, Mississippi; roll T9-0665, ED 181, page 198A, line #26, dwelling #565, family #565.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 11:43:05 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]