┌── Benjamin Hinshaw │ 1738-1840 ┌── Jacob A. Hinshaw ──┤ │ 1778-1826 │ │ └── Elisabeth Hinshaw │ 1750-1823 Jacob Allen Hinshaw ───┤ B: 1826 │ ┌── John Allen D: 1910 │ │ └── Phebe Allen ───────┤ 1789-1869 │ └── Rachel Stout M: Peninah Scott ├── Enos H. Hinshaw, 1847-1923 ├── Simpson Scott Hinshaw, 1848-1901 ├── Nancy Scott Hinshaw, 1857-1935 ├── Lewis Hinshaw, 1858-1858 ├── Elkannah James Hinshaw, 1860-1947 ├── Mary E. Hinshaw, 1863-1938 ├── Elwood Scott Hinshaw, 1866-1928 ├── Ora Etta Hinshaw, 1868-1917 ├── Orla B. Hinshaw, 1870-1937 ├── Jacob Allen Hinshaw, 1871-1951 └── Minnie May Hinshaw, 1876-1953
|Jacob Allen Hinshaw [ID 00252]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 9-27-1826, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.2,47,49,144,158,191,a,b,c,d,e (8-26-1826).49,f
He married Peninah Scott, Nov 29 1845, Lynn MM, Randolph County, Indiana.47,49,155,g,158 (Penina Scott)49,140,191,205,216 (Peninnah Scott)47,a Peninah, daughter of Edward + Chloe Scott, was born 2-6-1829, Indiana.49,h,b,e,i (6-29-1829).f (May - 1829).d
Jacob and family were shown in the 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:h
Jacob and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 13 1870), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:b
Jacob and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1900), Lynn, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:d
Jacob Allen Hinshaw died Dec 20 1910.140,144,205,a
Jacob wrote a letter in 1896 that paints a picture of his early life at Lynn MM in Randolph County, Indiana.158 Click here to see his letter:
Photo: Jacob Allen Hinshaw & Penina Scott with family at their 50th wedding anniversary, 1895 m
Photo: Jacob Allen Hinshaw family birth records Lynn MM, Lynn, Randolph County, Indiana f
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
49. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
140. Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
144. The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw, contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
155. "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division: http://www.in.gov/library/genealogy.htm
158. Published transcription of an 1896 letter written by Jacob Allen Hinshaw, (click here), Contributed by Lyn Matthiesen ().
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
216. Hinshaw family notes and photos from Jim Lieland (); excerpted from "Hinshaw and Allied Families History" by Dota Claudius Brown
(a) Julie Anne Ward () database:
(b) 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 449, line #7, dwelling #182, family #182.
(c) 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-0307, ED 173, page 273B, line #5, dwelling #170, family #170.
(d) 1900 census, Lynn, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 129, page 10A, line #2, dwelling #219, family #219.
(e) 1910 census, Lynn, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T624-376, ED 145, page 146B, line #73, dwelling #131, family #135.
(f) U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1994; http://www.ancestry.com.
(g) "Indiana Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
(h) 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll 168, pg 45, household #69.
(i) Posting Sep 29 2000 by Scott Hatch () to Randolph Co. NC Queries:
(j) 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 724, line #11, dwelling #221, family #215.
(k) 1860 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; pg 724, line #16, dwelling #222, family #216.
(l) Contribution from Jim Lieland ().
(m) Photo courtesy of Jim Lieland ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer ▾ more...
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]