┌── Nancy Reynolds
Nathan A. Hinshaw ─────────────┤
B: c1856 │
D: ? │
└── Calvin McFarland
M: Nancy C. Foshe/Fashea/Fasha
Nathan A. Hinshaw [ID 02540]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Nathan A. Hinshaw1,2 [Nathan McFarland3,4].
Born about 18561,2 [Jan - 18595], Tennessee1,2.
Nathan was apparently born Nathan A. McFarland, a child of Nancy Reynolds's earlier marriage to Calvin McFarland.3,4 He seems to have adopted the Hinshaw name when young,1,2 but reverted to McFarland later in life.5,6,7
He married Nancy C. Foshe/Fashea/Fasha, Jan 4 1880, Greene County, Tennessee.6 Nancy, daughter of John W. Foshe & Sarah Jones, was born 1862, Greene County, Tennessee.8
Nathan McFarland and Nancy were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 15 1880), Greene County, Tennessee:7
McFarland, Nathan, age 25, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married within the year; farm laborer; cannot read or write.
McFarland, Nancy, wife, age 17, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married within the year; keeping house; cannot write.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of brother Samuel.9
Nathan McFarland and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 4 1900), Summerville, Texas County, Missouri:5
McFarling, Nathe, head-of-household, age 41, born Jan 1859 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 20 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
McFarling, Nancy C., wife, age 36, born Oct 1863 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 20 years; 3 children, 2 living.
McFarling, Dona, daughter, age 16, born Sept 1883 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
McFarling, Bertha M., daughter, age 13, born Mch 1887 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
- 1860 census, 23rd Civil District, Blue Spring P.O., Greene County, Tennessee; page 413A-B, line #39, dwelling #1406, family #1406.
- 1870 census, 7th Civil District, Romeo P.O., Greene County, Tennessee; page 239B, line #17, dwelling #39, family #39.
- Contribution from Debbie Whitaker ().
- 1900 census, Summerville, Carroll Township, Texas County, Missouri; roll T623-905, ED 136, page 21B, line #81, dwelling #31, family #31.
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, District 7, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T9-1258, ED 49, page 117A, line #31, dwelling #240, family #242.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Foshee Family Tree" posted by "JamesShepard18".
- 1880 census, District 7, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T9-1258, ED 49, page 117A, line #26, dwelling #239, family #241.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:05 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]